1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 kits

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Oct 10, 2014.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

With the discontinued Italian Husky 125s the demand for 165's has also diminished drastically. I have many complete top ends either converted or ready for conversion. I am considering reducing my stock of top ends but need some feedback on if there are enough of you riders that are considering making the 165 plunge or if it is time to scale back. I am ready to go either direction but don't want to sell out the excess if there is enough future demand to keep it sitting on the shelf. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Walt
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt Figure out a way to put the Husky 165 top end on a New Husky lower end now that should keep you up at night. Also as for stock if I can not hurt one or wear one out no need for a lot of replacements .165 is loaded up for a torture test ride as soon as the sun comes up tomoro morning . Still thinking new Husky 125 for next year Help me make it a killer
  3. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I want a 165 kit but short on funds. I hope you keep them alive!
    wallybean and Oldscool like this.
  4. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I'd like a 165 top end piston kit for when it's time......
    wallybean and Blakelpd5 like this.
  5. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    I will be buying one, prolly by spring of '15.
    wallybean and shawbagga like this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    probably just hasn't been many threads about them lately so not that much exposure - probably sell more if advertised
    I will be putting my 165 kit on the new bike soon
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    youll have a whole new raft of customers come the end of the year Walt with the GG ec125 with husky engine(fingers crossed). id think about buying one of them but couldnt really justify a new bike purely for different(possibly inferior) chassis. now a GG ec200 bored out to say 220-225 would be right up my alley! doable Walt? i know the GG200s are based on the 250/300 bottom end or very similar(over engineered) so should be able to take it easily enough!:thumbsup: ps ill need a piston in the not too distant future so may just order 3 or 4 just in case. i still have my near new 125 complete top end sitting in a box, if i had the money id get it 165d purely as a spare so no down time in case of emergency! keep the faith Walt:cheers:
    Kevin_TE250 and wallybean like this.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I will always keep the piston kits in stock. Just trying to figure out if I need to keep all the core top ends around.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    SmokeyExpress and shawbagga like this.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The 165 on the Husky is in a different category than the GasGas 200. The GasGas is a 200 in a 250 frame so you don't get the weight advantage of the 125 platform. I had a 200 GasGas and it was a great bike but it was more like an underpowered 250 compared to the Husky 165 being a 125 on steroids. If GasGas uses the Husky engine that should be an awesome set up with Walt's 165 kit.
    shawbagga likes this.
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    is that the same for the new gen GGs doug? im fairly keen on a ec200r. the TMs have caught my eye a little I must admit though. i really hope for everyones sake that GG use this platform for their small bores. be sad to see such a great motor go by the wayside:cry:
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    im told ill be 165n one soon for kuzin Stinky this info comes from his mom [my sister Juggs] so i guess itll happen:excuseme: if Fantic gets that motor u mite sell a few more and you do need to tryin do sumpin with the new TE:applause: GO WALLY GO winters coming no golf course:thumbsup:
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It appears to be the same way on the 2015s. The 200 and the 250 is 104-107 kg and the 125 platform is 96kg. The 200 engine is a fuzz lighter than the 250 but the rest of the bike is identical.

Even though I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 212 lbs I still have the most fun riding a 125. I'm still going to try to buy a Husky 125/144 because I think it's the best 125 out there with the YZ125 a close second... especially for the price tag and the mods you can do with the extra cash. A 96kg gasgas with a 144 or a 165 would likely be the best 125 ever made. KTM screwed the pooch when they abandon the better red 125 to keep their orange one.
  13. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I have an 06 that will definitely get one of your 165 kits when it is time for rebuild. I hope you still have them.
    I guess I should think about purchase soon. How much are we talking for comeplete cylinder/piston/pipe.
    Whatever else is needed?
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i think it will be alright we keep are old Swedish huskies runnin now we gotta keep are not as old Italian huskies runnin and some day we will do the same with are old Austrian huskies
  15. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I'm tempted to try one for full MX but my 144 is sooo good I'm afraid to mess with it....

Hey Troy if you're going to give up your sister's nickname like that, you really do owe us a picture!!
    dmx153, 454x, wallybean and 3 others like this.
  16. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    My '07 will be needing it soon...or I should say I want it soon. Don't have the funds directly but if there is a way to pay through PayPal Credit(formerly BillMeLater -same company but now it's completely under the PayPal umbrella-just in case some didn't know) that would give me financing for 6 maybe 12 months pay back time (depending on final cost)plus free financing ,if I pay it off within' the time allowed. Definitely could afford it -specially cuz I don't have to use cc.
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Walt. I'd like to try a 139 which has had porting and power valve work .
    That would be another power up option which wouldn't require pipe change .
    Would suit mx more but I know max power guys used to say 139 was preferred to 144 for horsepower
    JAM likes this.
  18. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    blow up my avatar [on my profile page] thats her standing there by the bike she's been bread twice and startin to get kinda old LOL she just turned 43 last month but she's wearin quite well:thumbsup:
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am not going anywhere as far as those that are planning farther ahead. Just trying to make more space or justify keeping all the spares/cores I have now. Feel free to PM me with any individual questions or scheduling.
  20. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    ALL the spares/cores there parts Walt you cant have too many parts:thumbsup: how many we talkin anyway far as i no there's not 1 round here:excuseme: GOT 177 CRANKS????