1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 16 TE 300 porting / Cylinder

Discussion in '2st' started by cbr929, Feb 16, 2018.

1. cbr929 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350 2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Honda cbr929 1999 Ducati 750
    Did a search on the forum couldn't find anything.
    Doing a top end this weekend, anyone ever do any porting or clean up on the ports/casting?
    Are the surfaces coated with anything special that i wouldn't want to remove?
    (I don't intend on opening / widening any openings)
    Never opened it up yet so dont know what to expect if any clean up is needed.
    Back in the day on my 2000 Cr250 use to rough up and make swirl marks on the intake surfaces and remove any casting and polish up exhaust ports .
    Don't know if i'll encounter any of that this time around been awhile since i own a 2 banger.
    Any recommendations would be Great.. thanks
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Just stay away from the very edge of the port openings on the bore side with your burrs. It can easily chip the Nikasil coating.
    robertaccio and cbr929 like this.
  3. cbr929 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350 2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Honda cbr929 1999 Ducati 750
    Roger that...
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Cleaning and matching is a great idea, I've found a smoother running engine by doing that on an older model KTM. On that model EXC the transfer ports had a big step from the crankcase ( I assumed the MX model cylinder was probably closer matched) I used the base gasket as a pattern, it matched the case perfectly, so I put it up onto the cylinder and tooled the material to match the pattern/gasket. Can't say the 300 had more power but it was quite a bit smoother from bottom to top. truth is I increased crankcase volume by removing that transfer port material and it really was a good amount, for sure blending the ports and shaping and sharpening the port webbing. So yes we agree a clean up is never a bad thing for that personal touch, but like Tim said be careful at the cylinder ports. Enjoy the ride.
    cbr929 likes this.
  5. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I agree with Robert on concentrating on good clean-up porting and a good gasket matching.
    Spending any time trying to change or alter any of the port timing or just generally hogging out any of the port passages may end up increasing the ports volume but at the same time it will reduce port velocity.
    That would not be good on a 300 cc power plant that is already known for having such a broad range of power output and plenty of low end grunt.
    robertaccio likes this.