1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 16 FE350S with Vortex ECU

Discussion in '4st' started by Bora20, May 18, 2018.

1. Bora20 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husky FE350S
    My dealer tried to update my 2016 FE350S map to the FE350 Australia map today and found that Husqvarna Canada has decided to remove this option.

I want to compensate for the removed emissions and slip on Arrow Thunder pipe.

Has as anyone used the Vortex ECU, and handle bar switch, with their FE350S? Does it come with a cheat sheet to tell you what map to use with different setups?

Buying a stock FE350 plus a Tokyo Mods remap will cost me about the same being from Canada and limits it to one map. I thought the Vortex might give more options for any future changes.
  2. Bora20 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husky FE350S
    Well I ordered a Vortex and map switch today from Slavens. It will probably take a week or two to get to Canada. I found some more info digging and it looks like I will run map 1 (power) most of the time, with map 2 (enduro/traction) in the wet. Time will tell.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  3. Bora20 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husky FE350S
    The unit arrived yesterday. My 3 km round trip to the gas station for fuel was good. No popping or farting on decel. I could tell the difference in the map, or I think I can, in that Map 2 is a bit softer (not as angry feeling). Riding tomorrow in the bush will determine if it was worth the $$$.

My guts says yes, and it is yellow to match the head and ignition cover. That has to be worth it right there.
    robertaccio and bax3 like this.
  4. Bora20 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husky FE350S
    6 hours of single track today with a 15km of gravel roads to get to it. Not one pop, fart, or hiccup all day.

Map 1 is definitely the power map. Makes power everywhere. Can be a bit much in the tight stuff, but this is the one you want for rocky loose uphill climbs.

Map 2 is much softer. Dare I say easier to ride in the flowy 1-2 gear single track. Tames down the hit and makes you smoother. Not much for steep loose hills, it made it up every one. There is more engine braking with this map and helped to hold back the bike on the steep downhills. Usually my rekluse core exp free wheels a bit until you bring the revs up. Much better with this map.

Overall, worth every penny. Remove the emissions, replace the stock pipe end cap (or a new muffler), and get a vortex ecu. That is all you need to make it run properly. I am sold for the future as well.
  5. mscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool, Bora20. Just get a 2018 FE 350 and it's very slow compared to my Beta 300RR.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thanks for the complete report Bora20. With emissions restrictions getting tougher and manufacturers being threatened by govt agencies to not allow map mods on ECUs, it's good to know there is a solution.