1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 15 FE350 Update

Discussion in '4st' started by sned2502st, Jan 10, 2018.

1. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Just figured I would let anyone interested in knowing what kind of condition my bike is in after 2300 miles. From day one Mobil 1 OW40 European oil changed every 4-6 hours. There were a few times it went a little longer because of being on a multiple day ride and no way to change it. K&N filters, paper ones. Checked the valves and they are spot on. Triple checked them. Cams have no visible wear on them at all. Did not take cylinder off and look at Piston. Bike is completely stock, no reflash or anything. Original coolant also, never boiled it one time. I am a slow A rider so Im not putting around, barely revving it. I have done a handful of Hare Scrambles and Enduros, and the rest are Dual Sports and a few trips to Colorado and Moab. Bike has been really solid, one slight fork seep.
    Anyway been a great bike, and plan on keeping it at least 1 more season. Came off of 2 strokes, and was leary of the problems that can occur on a 4 stroke if it has problems, but glad I did it now.
    reveille, DC950, Kam1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Caffeineo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husaberg FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Beta Evo 300, 2016 Sherco X-Rid
    Thanks for posting. Glad to hear it has been reliable as a rock. I have a 2014 501 with 5K miles and about 250 trouble free hours. But thinking I really do not need all that power to ride dirt roads and some ATV trails. I like the smaller size of the 350 and just have that urge to change.
    sned2502st likes this.
  3. Scott Howard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350s, 701 enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    650 V-strom, Beta 300RR
    Thanks for the update sned. I also have a 2015 FE350s, it’s at just under 200 hours now. I’m using a stainless steel filter. I started with Rotella 5W40 but switched to Mobil1 0W40 after the first 4-5 oil changes. Bike has not skipped a beat! Valves were checked at 5 hours and again at 120 hours and never moved, so I haven’t bothered since then. Great bike and great oil!