1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by txmxer, Oct 11, 2018.

1. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    Im sure these have been answered but I tried searching (maybe not well enough).

I bought a parts lot with a bunch of 144 cylinders a few years back, so I finally want to do the 144 upgrade.

I know they're not eric gorr cylinders, but I need to source together the top end kit, 144 piston, gaskets, bearings, etc. Where can I source these parts?

Also, what supporting mods are recommended? My bike is a 2007 so I heard you need upgraded power valves? Go up on the main jet, then I'll also have fmf pipe/exhaust going on. Anything im missing?
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc

Is that a must? If the cylinder/head are sent from the shop as a 144 should the squish be in proper spec?
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    No it's not a must but it makes the bike run a lot better.

Stock, the squish will be too big. It runs ok, but is not ideal, and one of the main reasons people complain about the bike being difficult to jet
  5. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    Cool, thanks for the advice. And as far as a top end? just go with an eric gorr wiseco?? I know the cylinders I have are 144 but I got them so long ago I don't remember who did the work on them, they're not factory from husky.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Best would be to send the complete top end to EG or similar and let them match a piston for you. Our own Wally Bean may be willing to do it for you.
    At least get the bore measured and order a piston from one of the above.
    Are the cylinders new?
  7. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    Yeah they're fresh. The story is I bought a parts lot from a guy who raced and moved up to 250s. He had all the 125 parts left over. In the parts I bought he has about 5-8 fresh cylinders that were spares.
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

any numbers on the cylinders ?
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Nice! Zomby and rancher1 know their sh*t, so take their commemts seriously. PM wallybean for his version. From what I know Wossner had piston kits, but haven't checked lately. Latest piston kit for 165 from WB is Wiseco. I think a YZ144 piston kit will work, but will need to drill the lube holes.

IMO, best is still to send the top end to someone good to match a piston, adjust squish, etc.

I have the original, worn out 144 top end for mine and contemplating wether to go WB165 or EG144.

:cheers:
  10. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc

I will check next weekend, I have the parts in my parents garage so going to head down there and grab them soon, appreciate the help by the way.
  11. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc

Nice! The 125 is so fun, like a mountain bike. I think I'll be a bit happier with the 144, some more low end and more power in general would be nice. I know eric gorr does great work, just want to use these fresh parts.

Going to do the 144 and rip it for this season.