1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kits?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by krieg, Feb 27, 2009.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What kits are available to turn my '09 CR 125 into a 144?
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can't beat Eric Gorr's mod,(except the price) and you have to sacrifice your stock cylinder unless you want to buy a new one.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Blue, I was hoping you would respond since I knew you had one of Eric's kits.

May I ask you a few questions?

• Where were the power benefits? Low, Mid, Upper, or all over?
    • What, if any, jetting changes did you have to do?
    • Was the "turn around time" pretty quick?
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    As stated not cheap but (IMHO) Eric Gorr is the real deal for those things. Even though I have never built one or purchased one. He is recognized as an industry leader in the 144 big bore conversions.
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No problem, here is my experience.

There are people on here that will say that there is nothing better than a stock 125. Maybe to them this is correct. I like things different so this is the reason I put a 144 kit in my 2006 CR125.

I needed more low end, so I asked Jay Hall what he would do. We discussed several different options and came up with the EG kit.

To answer your questions, the most benefit was the low end. 12:50 for tight racing and 13:50 for open HS/MX. I could pull out of any corner especially uphill corners like any 4 stroke. Jetting is a different story, we had many problems. Adjusted the timing, tried different jets, etc. And finally got it dialed in to my liking. Sorry to say I don't have any of those settings besides the main jet. (410) Turn around time was quick don't really remember the exact time but I didn't wait long.

I want to add this b/c I think it is important. I currently have a 2008 CR 125 and I think it needs no 144 kit. Could the new cylinder have made the difference??? I don't know. I do have mods like Power Now, FMF Fatty pipe, silencer. I pulled on a open fire road to a 2009 WR300 this past weekend at the Cherokee National Enduro, so top end/gearing should not be an issue. Concentrate on your gearing, jetting, and suspension for your area.

Hope this helps....
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thanks so much for the excellent info! :notworthy: I'm still trying to decide. I may keep things stock until a new pipe is available. Not sure what to do now.
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have seen "factory" guys run stock exhaust so don't let that rain on your parade. You can still do mods but run stock exhaust. I chose FMF Fatty instead of the engine mod. But I would get to know your bike and how it feels before you decide. I'm not planning on getting a 09 125 because my 2008 runs that good!!
  8. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

im liking mine so far. also has the EG kit. he set up the top end on my kx too, good turn around time and was highly recommended by several friends.