1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

14 TE310R how far/fast on the pavement?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheeler, May 26, 2020.

1. 2wheeler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki TS185
    Not something that I want to do but circumstances may dictate the need to cover more pavement than I have in the past to get to a wooded spot.

My concern is oil capacity and gearing creating engine issues. I have 13/48. Speed limits would be 45 & 55.

I am sure it would be best not to hold sustained throttle but let off occasionally. From your now years of experience with the bike, how far one way and at what speed is doable?
  2. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    I have never driven on roads, but I ran it as far as I could on a pretty rough track with top filled tank. 3 hours and 10 minutes until I went out of gas. I guess the average was aprox 30-35 km/h.
    2wheeler likes this.
  3. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    I have ridden all kinds of roads including interstate highway. When I do the more dual sport rides with lots of road I run 13/40. With that gearing going 55 and 65 I would get about 88 miles before the stock tank was empty. After opening exhaust and intake and 700 miles on the engine it started running much better and on one particular ride went 134 miles to empty. If I ride fast and without regard to saving fuel I get 40 or 45 miles per gallon at 1100 feet above sea level. At 9000 feet above sea level on a 75% single track and 25% road ride I get 50 to 55 and up to 60 mpg. Temperature, wind, and altitude vary the mpg. To be safe I plan rides at 40 mpg. I often carry extra fuel.
    2wheeler likes this.
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I ran the pavement a few times when new, but am loathe to for more than a few miles to get gas. Mine is geared to 13/50 now so 45 would be as fast as I'd cruise. Your call depending on miles but I it's a tiny sump. I rebuilt my engine at 4k miles and no oil related issues but still, not much oil. If traffic is pushing you to 55+, I'm more into hauling in my van and not stressing the traffic. I also run mousses so pavement runs are out.
    2wheeler likes this.
  5. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    trip cost.jpg Stock gearing with the Rekluse clutch works ok for most rides. I use the 12/43 or 13/43 with the mousse set up I have but like you say very limited street use. I have a 38 rear and a 45 rear sprocket on order and want to try those out. Unfortunately I live in the middle of the largest oilfield on earth and there is almost zero land to ride on. Over the years all the great riding that was here has been taken over by big oil. The pic shows what it takes round trip for me to have a good ride. With such an effort It's only worth doing if I am totally prepared. I really like blitzing the paved roads and the rock and dirt forest roads at high speed so the 38 might be really fun for that.