1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

14 husqvarna tc 250r junk or not?????will it start hot??

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fletchman45, Jun 1, 2017.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On a serious note and not to insult the Italian diehard fans...I'm looking at a new...yes new 14 tc 250....non estart bike...anyone have one of these?? And does it always start? Will this engine hold up to a fast old guy revving the crap out of it....?? Will it start when stalled? Overall opinions on the bike? I know my 144s were awesome.. I don't want to buy a problem bike is all...price is nice at 4k...any thoughts??
  2. MorganD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501 17&19,TE310R 13&14,TE250 2010
    The price 4K is what they sold them for here in Sweden 3,5 years ago.
    ct cr430 likes this.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    fast. light. handles great. should be a 1-kicker.

Actually, I thought the '14 TC 250 was Austrian; I did not know that they were Italians still (I have an 2014 Italian TE310R). It's a red 4-stroke, right?

Are you sure you don't have a white/blue/yellow 2-stroke (a great Austrian mx-er)?
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid

2014A/B. First half of MY2014 (A) is Italian leftover 13's, second half of 2014 (B) is Austrian production.

So, yes, imagine when someone calls us and asks for something for a 2014 TE or TC...LOL
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid

It'll be freakin' awesome. Clean the air filter after every ride and you'll never have to touch the valves.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14 is a weird transition year as you could get both Italian bikes and Austrian bikes...the 14 Italian were from what I hear leftover bikes and parts and did not have excel rims had a non branded rims..
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for info digging my 17 tc 250 husky and looking seriously at a beta xtrainer for a fun bike...4k new still seems like a good deal and if it had estart I'm sure someone would have already bought it.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeah... but you never cleared up the matter. Are you looking at an Italian or an Austrian? And either one would be a good deal.

Leftover parts: nope, but they changed some specs that weren't reflected in the manual (2014 uses 2013 shop manuals). Also, they fixed several minor issues. I believe the '14s were made in the (late) summer of '13, but I'm not sure.
    Excel rims: they went to black Goldspeed (German). Better rims, IMHO. I think even KTM dropped Excel for a bit. Sometimes, a supplied part to an OEM from an "after-market" firm will not be up to the quality of the stuff the public buys. In that case, basically, OEM's are buying a name.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I guess by where I posted this I meant to be clear red Italian husqvarna...believe me I know when they were bought and it was indeed a day I did not like... My 10-14 125 144 reds Wr s and Cr s were one of my most favorite bikes...but I liked my 15 and love my 17... Yep meant the last of the red Italian bikes...as far as the rims go I've heard different reports from Chinese to who knows what? On 14s I did not see a brand listed on them and have read reports somewhere that said cheaper and Chinese...but I have no way of knowing if this is true..
  10. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I had a 2013 Tc 250 r. Great bikes! Couple of things, if Kickstarter gets stuck don't force it, rock it until it frees up or you will break the shaft. I never broke mine and it got stuck a few times, but not bad. Another thing, get a PC exhaust system, it really wakes the bike up. For price, I sold mine for $3400. So a new one might be worth $4000. They feel light and turn as could as any. Shocks and Forks KYB and work well.
  11. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    BTW, never had a problem starting hot or cold. A very easy bike to start.
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually, your post title clears it up too (tc250R) but I wasn't paying attention. I did not know they sold ANY Italian 250s in 2014... Just Austrian. So I learned something.

I wonder if they sold any TE250Rs or TXC250Rs too? I got my 310 in September '14; the shop had 10 511's left at the time and they were gone inside a month (for $4999 also, same as the 310 IIRC- either bike was a steal).

Rims: I've never heard the Chinese thing, but OTOH I've got over 5000miles of hard/slow single track on mine and they're still round. And they still look pretty good (you know how black rims age usually- the looks are the first thing to go). The rims are stamped on the inside with some Euro info IIRC, but no branding on the outside. When I change my tires out next time I'll take a hard look to see what I can find out.

I would guess (no experience) that the TC is gonna feel a bit bulkier than your CR. I would love to have either one.

Let us know what you buy.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think I'm waiting...I have a 17 tc 250....going to figure out a way if I can to buy a 18 gas gas 200 and another husky tc 250....if I trade in my 15 ducati and 17 husky I can make it happen...lol
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  14. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    We have a 2014 TE250R here at home, it's my adult son's bike. They run KYB closed chamber forks and have Husqvarna anniversary graphics.
    Awesome little bike
    (and electric start too)
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  15. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just mounted a new Shinko 505 Cheater so I looked inside the rim and, except for a stamped number, there was no brand name or other identifying marks. But OTOH, the rims are holding up great at 6000 miles of off road riding. I hit big rocks but I'm not hitting big air (I'm old; I barely get little air). Seriously I like these better than Excels. I can't say anything about the new D.I.D.s though.

20170909_182609.jpg 20170909_182315.jpg
  16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You also had 14 husabergs as well to help complicate it a little more.
    JonXX likes this.