1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC '14 Husky TE 250 - New Fair Price? '14 Used Fair Price?

Discussion in '2st' started by Missin44, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Missin44 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I'm looking to sell my '12 Beta 350RR for a newer and lighter ride. My local Husky dealer has a new '14 TE 250 on his floor, sticker at the moment showing $7k. He also has a '14 used looks very clean for $5500. Have yet to sit down and talk to the sales guy, any thoughts on what I should be looking for a walk out the door price?
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Idk but my younger sister just picked up an fc250 with 20hrs on it for 4500 in bone stock unmolested shape fwiw 7k seems pretty steep
  3. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Location certainly has something to do with it.
    In New England I would say for the new bike, 6500 max.
    For the used bike 5 to 5500 is the right range depending on miles, condition, and extras.
    If it was a 15, a bit more.
  4. Missin44 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Thanks, I'm thinking $5.8k to $6k OTD on the new one, $4.8K to $5k on the used one once I am able to get a better idea of its condition.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    It's obviously still sitting there as it's over priced. Use the 'it's 4 MY's old' line. Take a grand off for every new model year ahead of it!
  6. Missin44 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    So have seen the used one. Lights missing, Recluse installed, shaved seat, linkage guards, radiator braces, right side radiator replaced with over sized aftermarket one, new tires, 2800 miles, 185 hours. Doesn't look to have been beaten up. Thoughts? $4k too high to offer?
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yikes 185 hours pretty high. Sounds like had a hard life. I'd buy the new one!
    reveille and fletchman45 like this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm with him...185 I'd throw the hour meter out put new plastic... And not say anything... I'd probably pop for a new one...radiator I'm sure replaced cause of crash damage...no big deal...I had to buy one for a 260 pound gasser that went down hard..any details on engine??God forbid the crank grenades and you can't do the work...my buddy spent over a $1000 getting a yz 85 all rebuilt!..I like nice brakes as well...185 hours...can they.work totally like new??if it were a low hour bike.. Say 30-50..for 4k I'd say try it...but I hear ya tough to justify these bikes...in 1980 or 79 I picked rocks all summer and bought a brand new 1978 Honda Cr 125 Elsinore for 725$!!! New!
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'd honestly offer $5-5.5k for the new one & to get the deal over the line order a heap of armour/parts through the shop to make it worthwhile to them. Stuff you'd buy anyway like bashy, rad guards, Handguards etc even if you pay coupla hundred more than buying off ebay or somewhere else you'll still be in front & shop be happy. As Fletch says it won't feel new at 185 hours plus things will more than likely need replacing(bearings etc). Just MHO
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    When you can buy a new 17 for around 8k, it's a no brainer. $5k for the 14 max. I get trying not to lose your arse with a bike that's been sitting on the floor, but if they aren't willing to deal, it can sit there for a while longer.
    shawbagga likes this.
  11. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Go for the new one for sure. At those hours you are going to be looking at playing with the bottom end of that bike during your ownership (unless short).
    Besides, you always wanted to own a brand new bike right!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  12. Missin44 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Excellent points, thanks for the input.
  13. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    185 hours is worn out? Wow. My 14 300 is at 175 hours and I don't plan to touch that motor anytime soon. Not criticizing, just an interesting perspective. Will admit... Mine are play hours, not racing.