1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

13 310R was running great ....

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by NYCMX, Jan 2, 2017.

1. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 Rm125,78 Rm125, 80 RM125...KTM
    I decided to take off the horn and starter button (the electric start hasnt worked in a while so i just kick it). So anyway I follow the wire under the Fuel tank to disconnect and of course I break the plastic quick connect.
    So I get a new one from zipty and assemble the bike. Fires right up.But wont take throttle. It starts right up but when I give it gas it bogs and dies. I have had the tank off 3 times already checking that I put everything together proper all to no avail.
    So I guess im buying parts...fuel filter...fuel pump ? injector???? where to start?
    The bike is a TE310R bought new 751 miles on street and dirt roads. 2016 4.jpg View attachment 75193 2014 014.jpg
  2. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    What about the battery?
  4. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    The stock Battery is hooked up and charged. Hmmmm I will check it again, Thanks.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Check the ECU plug, coil plug, fuel pump plug, tps? plug, MAP plug, water temp plug. also, post a pic of the plug you broke so we know what you're referring to. (btw, I'd thought your plug would've been up front. No?)

raise the tank above the frame as far as you can with everything plugged in. start it up & experiment- it's gotta be something related to what you did. don't start blindly buying and replacing parts.... we'll help you figure it out.

good luck.
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks TC85 it was the fuel line elbow that cracked.not a plug. Replaced with metal. Been going over the wiring and plugs. Nothing of note yet. It may be when I was installing the fuel elbow ( I had the fuel tank upside down) idk. The fuel pump seems to be working. I'm going to order a fuel filter today, cheapest thing first. 2016 1.jpg
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    ehhhhh, not that it's expensive, but I'd make sure I had a filter problem first.

here's an easy way: take the fuel line off the tank; raise the tank up high enough to get a 1/4" fuel line to slide over the fuel outlet and put the other end 3' away into a bucket/large glass jar etc.; (fire extinguisher nearby right?); turn the key on (or flash the start button if that's what's needed) and observe a good amount of gasoline coming out in the few seconds the key is on. btw: turn the key off fast.

[edit: instead off the bucket/large jar, just re-route the test line back into your fuel tank. sheesh, that's embarrassingly obvious]

the volume and pressure of the fuel coming out should be high & strong. if so: your filter is probably good.

didja check the electrical connections? didja do the expierment from the earlier post?
  8. Robbe144 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SX 125
    Maybe to easy but have you checked the "screw-fuel-valve" on the left side?
  9. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    TC65 yep tried your previous suggestions.No luck. Tomorrow I will check the fuel pressure by disconnecting the fuel line from the throttle body and kick it over. Keep in mind that this is a 2013 no key and the electric start hasn't worked in 2 years. All connections look good,both fuel lines are on. Thanks
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't think it's necessary for the starter to turn... the ECU just has to detect that the button was pressed, which gives the fuel pump a (2?) second burst. Of course, if your button is disconnected: kick away. (btw, I put the key-stuff in there for the vast majority of users)

[shit! a re-read of this thread reminded me that this drama started when you were disconnecting the buttons... ....and speaking of which: what were you doing under the tank? hell, maybe plug the starter/kill button stuff back in & see if that solves your problem]
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    A couple of your pics seem to show "dried" coolant all over... was that a recent event associated with your problem?
  12. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Naaa that's just Florida sand dust...LOL. I will try to get back to the bike tomorrow . I may just buy a Two stroke to hold me over...
  13. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spent a few more hours alone with the TE310 in the garage. Took off the ignition cover and cleaned the magnets,took apart the fuel tank,hooked up the starter button again, checked all fuse's went over the wires,currently charging the battery....it still starts right up but not running right. I will check it again after it's charged.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    sounds like you un-did everything you had modified before it started running bad now. hmmmm. (including the loose wire checks for the coil and the battery?)

did you ever do the fuel flow/pressure test? ...and just for grins, take a voltage reading when the bike is idling.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    additional , Injector clog.....fairly common with these and even the Austrian FI bikes.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  16. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    I didn't figure out how to get to the injector yet and I would also like to check the flywheel key. Guess I need a manual.
    Regardless I will never own another 4-stroke after this. I originally bought 2 of these and a Strada (another story) in 2013 thank god I sold the other one right away. I'm in my first season after moving to Florida and wasting the best riding time of the year.
    Considering parting the bike out. Two-stroke 300 sounds so good to me perhaps a TX300, or TE?
    My first Husky was a 1978 125CR in 78...so I blame BMW and not Husky. 17 1.jpg 17 1.jpg 17 2.jpg 17 3.jpg 17 4.jpg
  17. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Just an observation, the flywheel is highly unlikely to have suddenly let go while you fiddled with the wiring.

Our own TE250R will not take much throttle cold. Never has, once warm it runs fine.
    Check also for an air leak from a loose air boot joint from the throttle body to the head.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  18. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pushed the Husky to the back of the garage for now. Looking at a few Two-strokes.I need to ride, not be stuck in the garage. There is a really nice TM MX300 for sale down here, not too many Husky's. Maybe a later model RM250 or KTM.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I'm amazed at your post, I've got to say.
    'I'll never own another 4 stroke'????
    Take it to a shop, have it repaired and enjoy a great bike.
    It will cost you much, much less than buying a new bike!
    One small problem is not an indication of ALL other 4 stroke bikes either, they are typically far more reliable than 2 strokes. They require little more than regular service to give long trouble free service.
    You aren't pulling the barrel off every 40hrs to do rings and piston, you don't have to carry a plug around for when it fouls, or extra oil for refuelling on a ride....
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  20. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    LOL thanks I'm looking at this... ktm1.jpg it has 6 hours on it.like new for fairly cheap $4,800. I can rebuild a top end on this. I like the way it sounds and i like the way it smells.
    There are no Husky dealers down here and the 310 has been a problem since day one. I will work on it again when I get time and keep you guy's posted.