1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 reeds

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bdl507, Apr 22, 2013.

1. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Will any of the Boyesen Rad valves fit a 2013 wr144. I dislike the vforce stuff a lot. My 09 300 leaked around boot and now my 13 144 is too and I have seen countless sets of vforce stuff go bad. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

They never made a rad valve for the husky 125. You can get the stock 99-01 boot and reed cage and add the pro dual stage reeds. I am going to try one just to see the difference. I have a buddy with the 01 setup with the pro-reeds and it has amazing mid to top. May be unrelated but I want to know.
  3. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know they are not listed for the husky but will any thing bolt up? Most reed set-ups flow better then vforce and will give better mid and top from what I have seen. RAD valves are way more open when you hold them next to vforce.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If I had to guess, I would say a rad valve for a 97-01 Honda CR125 will be close. Let me know what you find out for fitment.
  5. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what I was thinking about trying it will be a few weeks before I can spare the cash but I will post how it fits and how or if I had to "adjust" the fit
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You may already know this but you can use Honda paper gaskets on the WR250-300 reed block. Bill's Husky did this to my WR250 before they put it in the crate and shipped it to me.
  7. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was a tech at a husky shop 08-10 vforce was very smart and stamped the part number on the reed block where the raised sealing area of the intake boot just happens to be. My 09 300 leaked like crazy. I also got to see the 08 250's that were breaking reeds and vforce told cagiva they needed to update and they said no because bmw was buying them and they didn't care. So when bmw got them we told them to contact vforce and throw away old stock but not sure what happened with that.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Ive never had an issue with vforce reeds
    I know older CR125s seems to go harder but i dont thinks its the reeds - I thought higher compression and/or ignition differences . Not cylinder as my 08 125 was an older cylinder
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    pretty sure a Honda CR125 reed block is super close if not exactly the same. I think i like the Boyesen stuff better too and am interested in your results with the Boyesen Rad valves
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I am too but I ve tried them on a YZ 125 and the difference compared to standard wasnt very clear
  11. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H

...yes I know...

...very old post...

But I have not found anything else in the search.

Did you find out which Boyesen reed valve fits?

I guess, one of thoses
    http://www.boyesen.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=RAD-01&x=11&y=5&limit=all

...but which?

Regards

Jeanjean
    NCSteve likes this.
  12. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    IT175H
  13. jeanjean Husqvarna
    AA Class