12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    The 12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310 is totally shit!!! it has no power, the bog is totally gone and it rips on the bottom, buttttt there is no power on mid to topp ! totally whaist of money:banghead:
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

As far as the stumble when the fan came on. Mine did something very similar one time. It turned out to be a bad light weight battery that I was using. What happens is if the voltage is too low when cranked it messes with the ECU and it ran like crap, almost like water in the gas hesitating etc.., If I shut it off, kicked it or restarted it then it ran fine again. I found out that the little 2.5 battery I was using either had a bad cell or dropped too low when cranking it. I since am running a Shorai and have not had a problem.

I was also going to ask you before this problem with the starter, when you turn your ignition on before starting it, do you hear the fuel pump run? I had a short in one of the wires that come out of the ignition right in front of the front sprocket. On mine if I did a half hearted push of the starter where it did not start I would hear the fuel pump prime and then it would start. I have also heard of some bad fuel filters inside the tank with the pump. These have had a split at the seam causing not enough fuel pressure. The way to test that is to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and I think you should have about 45psi of pressure. Luckily I had the tool from the automotive side of things in a past life.. I kind of doubt that it would be this. Also be sure to set your TPS when the bike is warm as it will change a little.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine still rips extremely well on mid and top, actually a improvement I think. I rode mostly tight stuff but can assure you it still rips. I did start out with a CO reading of 102,104,104. Later I tried some crazy numbers like 110,120,120 just to see if more there and may have lost a little pull in the mid. My laptop then decided not to talk to my bike and never got to re-adjust. The only issue I have is now it seems to have a slight pop on de-acceleration that is not hurting performance and only does it once in a while. Not while riding it but sitting still, twisting 1/4 throttle and chopping it. I would like to hook it up to a AFR monitor and see how close it is with 100's on CO.
  4. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Did you have the old pu ecu before? for the stock ecu runs better on mid to top then the new pu ecu.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the original ECU a long time ago and do not remember what it was like to be honest. My bike was a early one with the off idle miss, I went to the Leo Vince silencer and matching ECU a while back. Now I have the 12 hole Injector ECU in it. Someday I may try the Leo ECU again with the 12 hole injector. Although Husky must have had some reason to sell me a new ECU with this injector. 1 bike and 3 ECU's!!! maybe they will be collectors items someday.
    crille74 likes this.
  6. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    :D

[IMG]
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Hey all can we get a sorted out chart or list, for example 2011 TE310 OEM P/N plus maybe MFGR (Mikuni etc) P/N xxxxxx, then the 12 port injector OEM plus manufacturer (Mikuni or even other OEM like Kawasaki P/N etc). This thread is great but is disjointed with tech info. Info for each model individually. I am in this for me as well as others (I am thinking hard about an '11 TE310 want to dial in full comp mode and know what goes into getting there) Thanks R
    2010 TE250-FI Mik-OEM injetcor P/N-12 port update P/N-MFGR or other OEM source P/N-JD tuner P/N-Dynojet tuner P/N
    2010 TXC250
    2011 TE250
    2011 TE310
    2010 TXC250
    2012 TC250-FI Keihin
    2012 TE250
    2012 TE310
    2012 TXC310- FI Kei(?)
    raisrx251 and 510 SM SC like this.
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The list in the first post by HVUK displays all Husqvarna part numbers. Personally, i think there is not a huge difference between the Leo silencer and the stock silencer. So unless you want the exhaust I would only get the injector/CDI to save on cost.

I think the part that is confusing is the fact that a mikuni and keihn share the same FI injector which is a Bosch injector. This is why a kawsaki keihn part number will work. I do not have this part number for Kawasaki. If you already have a auto adjusting product like a power commander then the Kawasaki part number should work. It may be a improvement using the stock ECU and 12 hole injector, I just don't know.
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. yamafreek Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh no!! I have a kit on the way?? God only knows the eta to Hawaii... I still have some faith..............
  10. weldpro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I got my kit on Wednesday, put in all in, and then the bike would not run right at all. I could screw in the idle screw till it bottomed on the spring, start it, and it would idle for about five seconds then die. After dicking around for hours trying to figure what the heck was going on I switched back to the stock ECU. With the stock ECU it ran great in fact I took it for a quick spin, and I can tell you for sure that the injector makes a HUGE difference in how it responds. When I got back to my garage I put back in the race ECU, and damn it just like before it would not run so I put in the stock one, and had my wife ride it (it's her bike). She agreed completely that it seems to pull from idle with no hesitation, and feels like it is running perfectly. Anyhow for those on the fence about spending more money on the kit I have the MIKUNI part number for you #E265006. Hopefully we can get the Race ECU resolved but honestly had I bought just the injector I would have been happy just with that!
    I almost forgot to say this one thing, and that is my injector off of the 2010 TE250 only had four rather large holes in it. The new twelve hole version has super tiny holes, and I do mean tiny!
    Borntoride71 and ray_ray like this.
  11. yamafreek Husqvarna
    A Class

Need to send it back or is it sol?
  12. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the post. I have been on the fence. My dealer called with the Kaw info but no part #
    I will see if I can get the nozzle direct from Mikuni NA ???
  13. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
  14. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

15. weldpro Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am going to have to talk to Jeff at halls but I would imagine that they'll have to send me a "good" one. Electrical parts are what they are "non returnable" however I do expect the part to work! We'll see, and I'll keep you all informed. I am hoping that the right or say good ECU can make a difference like the injector then I want it!
  16. weldpro Husqvarna
    AA Class

510 SM SC likes this.
  17. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I think im going to have to get one of these. My bike runs good off idle but I sure would like a little more. Can we get the Husky injector with out the ECU?
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can get it by itself from your local Kawi dealer.
  19. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I would think you'd want the differently programmed ECU to go with the different injector, though...
  20. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    No, you can run the 12hole in stock ecu but it is way ritch on bottom.