12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    My 2011 TE310 setting, OEM stock header with O2 sensor plug, OEM 2010 TC250 Ti silencer with the dB/SA plug installed, race kitted with 2012 TXC310 green 12 port injector and 2012 TXC310 ECU (it comes as a OEM part numbered kit) I have the box in my garage not with me now. The bike runs great (note also 13/52 final drive) keeps the gears effectively closer especially 1st to 2nd where I was jumping back and forth between in the rocks, now smooth second will mostly do. Its hard to explain but Im telling all of you we ride in a varied condition zones and altitudes on advanced stuff, from flowing S/T to very tight through the bush S/T to gnarley rock gardens and steep up and down hills. The bike with the OEM race kit parts works amazingly well. And shoot it did work before the kit parts as well in TE closed course mode this bike came in 3rd OA in fairly competitive D37 west chec enduro, with the previous owner on board.
    These X-lItes are not a cruiser machines, watch Meo, Salminen, Dietrich on one, its an engineered race bike, if you ride it hard in the power on the cam on the pipe etc it rewards and everything works well. Good quality top tier premium gasoline good coolant, race kit and ride it.
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I bought oem parts for a 2011 te310. Crank,piston,cylinder,timing chain, and head bolts.
  3. PatD193 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    How much did that cost you?
  4. Curado Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Update. JD kit installed with default settings for the TE 310. It was easy to put on without removing the tank. The bike with stock ecu/yellow injector has a lot more midrange acceleration now. Still getting some hesitation on takeoff even with the rekluse though. Thumbs up JD. Still waiting on the TXC ECU & 12 port injector. 50 miles on this tank of gas and no gas light yet, but getting there. 13/40
  5. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Roughly $1400 for parts. It was about a year ago and I don't remember the exact cost.
  6. PatD193 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    thanks
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Anyone like Laura that wants to make these bikes more rideable might consider a Rekluse auto clutch.

I rode one in the alley and street and it was a kick hitting the throttle hard off idle in third gear going 5-10 mph. It just grunts a little and goes. The guy who put the clutch on was a good trials rider who
    Iked to trail ride with his kid. X-lite 250, 13/50
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    brain surgery is not needed. in my 2011 TE310 added only the MY12 TXC310 ECU and 12 port injector. with or without the S/A dB end plug the thing runs great. Nothing else is needed.
  9. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

What is everyone with the 12 Hole Injector and New ECU finding that their idle speed settles to (if possible please state what TPS WOT% and turns out on air bypass screw)?

With 12 h0le and new ECU and TPS WOT% set at 102.0%, I can't seem to get my idle to fall below 2,200 rpm at any air bypass screw setting. 2011 TE250
  10. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    I have mine set to 2 turns out on screw & TPS WOT at 104.0% idles 1900-2000 rpms
  11. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

thank you GMR

Anyone else have a data point to add? :)
  12. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

So after all this time and experimenting, have we decided on a 2011 or 2012 txc 310 12 port injector / ECM combo for my 2011 te310? I'm thinking of finally changing mine out.

Doug
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The Special Parts Catalogue does not list the 2011 TE 310 as a model for the ECU/12 port injector, just the 2012 model. I'd call someone like Hall's to see if they know it will work. Also I may have missed the fact that someone on CH has done it....if so, disregard.

All things considered the 2000-2200 idle speed is a non-issue to me. When I had it installed at Uptite George didn't seem to think anything of it.

I think this is just dealing with the realities of the cam timing and the lack of a counter balancer....at least those two...maybe something else.
  14. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd gladly take a counter balance over just about anything else. But that's a whole different subject.

Thanks
  15. M3mphis Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE 250
    Please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious....are these kits available for a 2009 TE 250?
  16. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Not a direct bolt on but if you have the time to test the EFI settings, I bet you can get this combo or at least 12 port injector to work in the older motor.
  17. suess13 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    Has anyone tried the 12 Kawasaki injector? I hear it bolts right on and only costs about 48 bucks

Copied

There are two part numbers flying around the forums for the 12 port injector. Here's the scoop from what I've found online. It was confirmed by cafehusky user josh310 and an ebay seller that the 49033-0010 is indeed the 10 port.

06 Kawi injector part number 49033-0010 (10 port) (pumps more fuel than 12)
    08 Kawi injector part number 49033-0011 (12 port) (they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big)

"The 06-07 fuel pump, pumps more fuel than the 08 according to the manual and atoms performance. The 06-07 injectors are supposed to be 440cc with 10 spray holes. the 08-09 injectors are supposed to be 350cc with 12 spray holes they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big. I was also told the newer ones were bigger injectors but according to Jim at CNC and RG the older ones are bigger. And the older pump pumps more fuel and that is according to the manual."
    http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=42982&pagenumber=2

josh310 said: ↑
    i just put the kawasaki injecter in. The injecter i got was a 49033-0010 and it is just a 10 hole injector. What is the part number you came up with for the 12 hole. I am still waiting for my power commander to get here but i had my dealer tune it and it doew rev a lot quicker with no dead spots. I hope with the power commander i can fine tune it better.
  18. Craig 1991 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I have a JD tuner on my SMR511 and I am unsure what to change to stop this low RPM bog. Mid and high seem fine... Any suggestions?

Thanks
  19. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  20. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Just an informational update on a 2011 TE 250.

I was one of the ones to get the incorrect part number on the 12 port kawi injector, and ended up with the 10. I put it in and only after getting a JD tuner made it work. Generally speaking, it hosed down the engine with huge amounts of fuel like a fire hose. I was able to remove most of this with the tuner, loved the extra hit on the top end it created and was satisified with the low end. The low end no longer had a hesitation but never was strong- seems pretty normal for the 250. After a very wet race last year where my airbox plugged, sucked in water, hydrolocked, smoked the head gasket and filled with rad fluid also dirtying the injector. I replaced gaskets and cleaned everything. The bike ran good but never quite the same but, got a little better and better every race. I suspected the injector and finally replaced it with the correct 12 port. I changed the JD setting closer to stock and with little fussing afterward at a local race last weekend i can say the bike ran better that i can remember it ever has. Never stalled once and regained the little bit of lost power i felt it lost after that really wet race.