1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09' wr125 tire&clutch cover questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gestion01, Jul 28, 2009.

1. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm new to 125's. My first question is can I run a 19'' tire and wheel from my 08' TC450? It's a bit bigger. The reason is I race a endurocross on saturday night and then race a H/S on sunday afternoon. My usual setup on my old 250 2t was trials tires front and rear and a spare set of wheels and knobby tires for the sunday race...no time to mount dismount since to whole family races sunday morning. With 2 huskies in the garage already I would prefer to not buy a third set of wheels. My concern is running a bigger rear tire on a 125...will it kill the power too much?

Second, the clutch cover with the window worries me. Some rock is waiting to crush the window I'm sure of it and ruin my day. :lol:
    is there a billet option somewhere?
  2. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

You can run a tire from your TC 2008. 125 2009- have same hub. Older 2 strokes have another hub. 09- 125 have the new svingarm. Like 4 stroke 08-

The only thin is that i suppose you run a bigger/110-120 tire on th TC 450. 125 love 100/90-19"

Klas
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I will go one tooth less in the front. just in case the bigger tire pulls to much.

No one knows about a billet clutch cover for an 09' wr125?

Could the window be plugged?
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

a 110 or even a 120 tire isn't going to kill the motor. I have a trials tire on mine at the moement and it is taller and heavier then about any knobbie.

I think you could just use a clutch cover off of a 08 or older 125.
  5. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

So you use a 400-18 trials then?
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a Dunlop on right now. It works good but my 13/52 gearing is too high. It was perfect with a knob.

I tried a MT43 once with a UHD tube. That tire is TALL and 14.5 pounds plus 4.5 for the tube. That was too much for the bike.