1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR 125 Jetting

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by raisrx251, Feb 6, 2009.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just wanted to pass on so far what my dealer has used for jetting for the '09 WR 125. It is too early to have a definite what works but here it is.

Temp 30-50 degrees Alt. 900 feet

4th clip with Needle that is supplied with the jet kit (not in bike)
    4.0 slide (again supplied in jet kit)
    20 pilot (actually running a 25 right now but has some spooge)
    460 main (better pull but if someone wants more hit out of turns try a 450

Anyone else have jetting that is working feel free to add to this
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Raisrx,

Not to hijack the thread, but I didn't receive a jet kit with my '09 CR 125. Was wondering if I should have.

Also, looking at your list, it looks pretty close to the CR stock jetting. Different needle, different pilot but the rest is pretty much CR stock. Interesting.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not at all Krieg, I kind of wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions. The CR probably did not come with a jet kit as the WR is set up pretty lean. In years past CR/WR ran the same jetting even though they have different ignitions. This year the WR is way different and I am guessing that the needle in the WR's jet kit is just the CR's stock one. I am not sure on if yours should have come with a jet kit but I kind of doubt it as your jetting is probably close to being right from the start.
  4. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know in previous bikes 2006 and 2008 CR that the jetting was way off. I had to completely redo. I know things are different with the 09 but I would suggest for 900ft elevation 60 degrees the bikes would need a lot of work from the stock jetting.

Does anyone know if they test run them from the factory? Are they ust jetted OK from Italy?
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I rode my new CR 125 for the first time today. I took things very easy over a period of about 3 hours. I paused for several cool-downs and didn't push the bike with any sustained full throttle runs.

The temperature was about 65 degrees F and the track was 520 ft. After about 3 hours of "break-in", the stock CR jetting seemed a bit lean with a slight, but noticable "lag" at 1/2 throttle on quick revs coming off turns. At full throttle, the bike woke up and pulled like a scalded dog.

One thing was obvious... as the bike broke in... the idle went steadily higher. Near the end of the day, I had to adjust the idle lower.

When we got home, I pulled the plug and it was grey, with the slightest hint of oil residue. I think the oil residue was due to the fact that I'm running a 20:1 "break-in" mix.

Once the bike is fully broken in, I'll probably try a richer main jet.
  6. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very nice write up! I can't disagree with you on your findings.

I heat cycle mine a couple of times but never really break it in. Break in comes on race day when I run the S*%T out of it and they just never seem to fail from then on. I always run 40:1 mixture 100 octane Sunoco and jet accordinly to "cookies and creme." Which is slightly brown toward the electrode and lighter towards the back of the plug.
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was this a 09 CR 125?
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    It is an '09.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Every new Husky 125 I have owned back to 88, I "literally" felt the rings "set in" after a few hours and the power got better. Nothing to do with the jeting..........just saying may want to wait a few hours before monkeying with the jetting unless it is that horrendously off base. If memory serves me correct, the jet kit provided with the WR was just what was in a CR as the WR has to be lean to pass regs in some areas.

Joe
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thanks Joe. That's probably good advice, especially since we're transitioning from full-on winter to more moderate temps. I think I'll wait till we're consistently over 60 degrees until I do anything with jetting. I think I know what you mean by feeling things setting in. There was a gradual but noticeable change in power in the CR over the span of 3 hours, especially low end hit.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For me i would have to disagree completly with you .I have both a
    2006 CR 125 and a 2008 Cr 125 both bikes are bone stock as uncrated
    from the factory except i have installed FMF fatty and FMF turbine
    core spark arrestor .NEVER have i felt the need to change the jetting
    from what was in there NEVER have i even changed any settings.
    The 2006 CR 125 has won a few AMA Nationals Hare and Hound races in the expert class with my sons
    and also help me win the # 1 plate in the first few races of the 2008
    season before i got the 2008 bike.I have raced both bikes from below sea level in the desert near Mexico and up to 6000 feet in the mountains of Utha.We have raced them in temps of over 110 to the coldest of only plus 35 .Always the same settings,we have done mostly
    desert racing but we have done some Gran Prix and motocross.
    I have always used 100 to 110 race gas mixed 32 to 1 with motoex
    2T and used 15/50 4 stroke oil in the cases.The 2006 bike is now on its 4 th season of desert racing we have replaced the piston at the end of each year.still stock cylinder and the lower end has never been apartI know it is way over due for at least crank bearingsFor 2009 my son has now raced round 1 and 2 of the nationals on the 2006 bike with a over due piston he has placed second and first 125 National expert .My 2008 bike is still going fine too but i just had to replace a crank seal because it was sucking a little air $ 26 dollar part
    and 15 min. work .This weeken at the 4 Aces National it was about
    plus 35 all day and the bikes ran perfect but for the first time in my 125 racing life both my son and myself found a hill on the course that took 2 times and a lot of clutch slipping to get up.But after that both bikes ran just fine all the way to the finish.
    This is just what has worked for me both on the track and trail riding/racing.I do not see how any changes could make it better
    even a 144 kit i do not feel i need .But alot of people tell me to try one
    i say do not mess with what works
  12. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good for you, I would say you got lucky. Are you saying you have never even experimented with jetting? If you haven't then there is no way your bike is running even close to its full potential. It must have been the time of year or my location where I bought the bikes that has made the difference. Because both ran like crap out of the crate with stock jetting.

Totally opposite experience here. The 2006 I had was terrible off bottom and I don't see how any "expert desert racer" would not have benefitted from a 144 kit, especially on the 2006 IMO. My 2008, like I have said in other posts did not need the 144 kit, they seemed to have fixed the low end issue.

Congrats on your wins with a bone stock unjetted Husky 125, truely impressive.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I swear to you i have never changed the jets.I have cleaned the carb many times but never changed anything.Even the air screw i always just leave it at 1.5 turns out.As for botton end if you ride both the 06 and the 08 back to back the the 06 feels to have a better lower end
    but not enought to make a difference.Installing the FMF fatty with the tirbine core sparkarrestor did inprove the lower end on both bikes .
    Next time i take the carb apart i will try to read what the jets say and also where the c clip is set.I would love to ride a 125 which has had some carb work done to see if it really is better but husky 125 are a rare thing in the desert.Times are changing and a few more are showing up so i will ask around.But like i said the 06 is now going on its 4 th year of racing and still runs great and can win .My son is 6 ft 3 and 220 with all his gear on and still can get in a great ride .But he did tell me after this last National that a Husky 300 would have been nice for the sand washes and long hills
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I have seen the Ajax crew's Huskies at different locations,,,, at Glen Helen his pipe was racing perfect ,,dry and grayish at the end. Check the clan Kearny results at the Nat H&H listing I am still amazed with the little bikes that could,,,and a couple of great pilots to ride em.
  15. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Awww There's hope for me...yet :thumbsup:

Glad to here a little bike can pulls it's weight sort of speak.:D
  16. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I was glad to see this too! I'm 5' 9.5" 190 (beer gut and fat head!) and my CR 125 pulls me around like I was a 125 lb. teenager! :thumbsup:
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    OH, and BTW, another apology to Raisrx... I (with help from some good-intentioned others) have managed to completely destroy the original intent of this thread.
  18. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey, No problem at all. I am enjoying reading this. Ajax I do not think you will have that kind of luck with the '09 WR if you get one as she is lean until adding the other jets. Keep up the good work out there winning races and have fun.
  19. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

+ 1
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That must be true since the WR is set up for the enduro woods riding
    Where there are all kinds of rules.I have always had the Cr which is more set up for motocross but i have had good luck in the desert.To tell you the truth i have never even seen a WR 125 but i really want to test ride one ,if they work like all of you guys say then i might go WR then i would have the power to run lights and be able to do the night races .Alot of new things are in the works for the smoker lets hope for a new 250 /300 in the new fram with a 6 speed .Plus even a factory 144 might just be the new ticket to kick the 200 from the orange side
    Anyway i must just be lucky on the way they run or i just do not know any better.Like i said the last time i owned a 2 stroke was 1975 ,always rode the big thumpers until last year. Now i see i wasted alot of good years where i could have been on these 2 strokes.I am a convert and thanks you for letting me back in