09 te610 pricing

Discussion in '610/630' started by lwilli32, Jul 7, 2009.

1. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

So I am about to embark on my cross country ride... I am looking at an xr650r but I was just playing around with the idea of riding a te610 since I just sold my 450 I have a little extra cash around. I was quoted at 82XX out the door (no tax since im buying in ga and registering in FL) and a set of pro bend hand guards thrown in. Does this sound like a good deal?
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

That sounds like a very good deal.

I own both an XR650 and a TE610. The Husky is a much better bike for dual sporting, IMHO.
  3. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

Would the husky be a good cross country bike? I plan on taking a 2 month trip... The valves are bucket/shim correct?
  4. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

valve are not bucket/ shim type.the valves are adjusted with screwsmore like an older honda,ktm,husky and others.dan
  5. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

You will pay tax at the Florida DMV when you register it in your name.It's not like buying parts on line from out of state and you get around sales tax.I bought my 610 in MN and registered it in CA and paid my taxes here unfortunately.You can find a better deal too.
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

It's not a bad deal but I bet if you shop around a little you can do better. 08's and 09's often come up on E_Bay and Craigs list.
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

Here's one example to keep an eye on. I don't know for sure what the reserve is but I bet it can be had for a little over $7000 ( just a guess ). And it's from a reputable dealer.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you are doing pretty good to find an unsold 09 TE610. There were a whopping 100 units delivered to NA this year and were all spoken for before they arrived. I doubt there will be a lot of dickering room on one.
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

Actually Scotty you make a good point. In the past there were always quite a few left over 610's but there popularity has grown and with only around 100 shipped to North America this year, it might be wise to jump on any reasonable deal you can find.
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys, $8200 out the door for an '09 is a good deal.
    This bike has only been available for a few weeks, and as pointed out there are few of them, and its in demand. Plus it has some nice upgrades from the '08, and a higher base price from the manufacturer.

Its not like in years past. No way you will find that bike out the door for much less, at least not right now.
  11. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    09's have upgrades from the 08's ??? http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2889