1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 te310 recommendations

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mnestle, Mar 27, 2015.

1. mnestle Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te310
    Hello all! I just bought an 09 te310, with 2500miles, which I am really lovin after only 100ish miles so far.:) Got her all muddy the very first day. I am super pumped to go out this weekend. This is my first enduro bike as in the past I only have had street bikes. I have done a few small things so far, but nothing major. Bars, handguards, skid plate, fender eliminator, has power up kit. The suspension feels very smooth to me already. I am looking for recommendations on parts I should stock up on and any aftermarket upgrades. I have been looking at tuners but just can't decide which one to get. Bike is running pretty lean at the moment. I am guessing it is still on factory tune. Finally, what oil would you guys recommend? Any other info is appreciated. If there are any riders that live around Central Pa hit me up! Thanks! IMG_20150322_195108.jpg
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I always put a tad of 2 stroke oil in with each fuel top of. Usually about two cap fulls from the 2 stroke bottle. Doesn't smoke or foul the plugs. Acts as a lead replacement for the valves and valve seats. helps lube the top piston ring and actually acts as a fuel stabilizer.
    I recommend an iridium plug-really helps with cold starts.
    I have one extra tooth on the rear sprocket (225 pounds) and ride in tight ST predominately.
    Have heavy duty fork springs and shock springs and extra heavy duty tubes.
    Dont waste money on bling, keep her lubed, fueled and washed and ride her like you stole it.
    mnestle likes this.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If you ride in wet conditions, the wheel bearings and the linkage bearings will need attention sooner rather than later.

You'll want to get familiar with the fuel pump assembly, the pump can move up in its holster, also, if the bike has set-up for long periods of time, the pump itself can become varnished and you get problems when hot.

Make sure your battery is strong, a lot of problems can be avoided with a strong, well cared for battery.

Replace all the fuses on the bike with automotive quality fuses.

Check your intake manifold for cracks, if a small crack develops, the vibration of these bikes will make it big very quickly.

Check the little plastic arms that hold the rad fan in place, they can break from vibrations.

Pics of this stuff plus a whole lot more on my blog.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/dual-sporting-a-2010-te-450-with-cheap-tricks.15347/
    mnestle likes this.