1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09-TE310 Master Cylinder Question

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheellove, May 28, 2015.

1. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NInja 1000ABS V65 Magna CR80R
    Hey Fellow Husky Owners!

I was wondering if this would be an appropriate replacement for the master cylinder on my 09 TE310:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/magura-ktm-...yle-/251283683238?hash=item3a81acb7a6&vxp=mtr

After some searching is seems that some have gone to the new style Magura for several reasons...the main being that the seals on the OE fail prematurely. The geometry on this new unit is revised and was said to increase efficiency and feel as well as retain the seals for longer.

My question is will that unit above work with my bike? All the bikes it lists as a replacement are all KTM bikes but aren't they similar? The only thing I would be loosing is my decomp but my bike came without one anyways and I haven't seen a time where I needed it. I guess if I were kick starting the thing I would, but usually when you have to kick start it its because your batt is dead and we all know our bikes wont run without the battery anyways.

So if anyone could comment or help me out that would be great!

Dan
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That unit should work, you may even be able to reto fit the cap with the decomp. The main reason for replacing with these is the old one was discontinued by magura. The seals have lasted just fine on my bike and my friends as well, that seal thing is like bold new graphics trying to convince you that you really need them.
  3. 2wheellove Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NInja 1000ABS V65 Magna CR80R
    hmmm....i just checked the magura catalog and it looks like they dont even list a part number for ANY huskys except the nuda....what gives? I guess im going to give the fleebay one a shot and hopefully the line is the right diameter and pitch...either that or find a replacement? The cheapest i found was 170$ without any of the lines or even the latch....and id prob have to rebuild it anyways. the new 167 is looking better and better.
  4. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    just buy a new bike.:oldman: just kidding.