09 Husaberg sighting

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Riksha, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was up at BD and in the back work shop was this 09 Husaberg, and another earlier model 'berg. Word had it that this was the best handling bike the youngster had ever ridden (raced desert on both 'bergs). Had a scotts damper mounted up like a WER stabilizer (low on the bottom triple clamp), and was RED stickered (not green), FMF pipe fitted, and FI. Seat popped off like a LT-R450s (cable pull mechanism), air filter was tool less to access, forks/triple clamps were set narrow 1/4" between the fork & front tire on either side, ultra nice billet machined triple clamps, the radiators were hand tig welded. The mass centralization was said to be the key to the handling. Sorry for the lousy camera phone pics thats all I had. Definitely has me rethinking my deposit on the 09 te450. That Husaberg is one nice bike that was really easy on the eyes.

Attached Files:

2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Red sticker with EFI... amazing.

What that means to the non-California people reading - bikes with Red stickers have more restrictions what time of year & where they can be ridden. Red stickered bikes presumably have more emissions coming out the muffler. It also could mean that this bike did not get the paper work correctly done with the government.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its a cool bike for sure.

Its HELLA expensive, no license plate, and limited range without any big tank option.

But its a really nice bike. Theres a ride report on here somewhere from Motosportz. Worth reading.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. Baritone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several

I was thinking that too. Never ridden one but they look great. Obviously you can't do anything with the tank size except add a supplemental when you need it. But, the big thing in my neck o the woods is that there are no dealers. By comparison, Husky has a bunch.
    :excuseme:
  6. oregontrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 350 XC-f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 Buell X1 Lightning, 2004 KDX220
    I've ridden them too and with an 08 to see the comparison, the 09 feeeeeels way different.
  7. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Someone in the back shop commented that they were working on a larger tank under the seat. Subframe was black plastic?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I own an 09 FE450 and it is the real deal. Truly amazing motorcycle.
  9. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

10. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

I rode a 2009 570 berg a couple of weeks ago and was really overwhelmed at what an amazing machine it is. Makes the 10k price a bit more palatable and here in Ohio we can plate them with the addition of the factory D/S kit. The dealer told me he had already sold three 570's and two 450's to guys who wanted trail bikes.
  11. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

As long as you don't live in Commiefornia, you can plate it. The titles are like KTM's. Those in-the-know will know what I'm talking about. I seen one in person already that was plated here on the east coast.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    plating them in Washington as well. No problem.