08TE610ie Suspension tuning

Discussion in '610/630' started by venture4th, Nov 26, 2008.

1. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

Folks, need some help here after taking my 610 out to stretch its legs in some decent dirt a couple of weekends ago. 'Orrible in sharp corrugations to say the least for the front end :censored:, made better after a couple of rebound adjustments but at the expense of performance under brakes. What have people tried that has worked for their various riding styles? Looking for input here..My immediate priority is going to be to go to a 5wt fork oil (and yes, I have not compression adjusters..)..but after that?..
  2. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    You can play with the oil, but I don't think you can completely dial the initial harshness out of these forks with oil height/weight or rebound settings. They need to be revalved to flow more oil. Without the comp adjusters you can't play with the 1st 4 inches of travel and after that the orifices are just too small. They do fine on big stuff, but as you see small chop is not fun at all.

Folks here in the east send their suspension to ACE, others out west use LTR and some others I think. I had a local guy do mine. He installed Race Tech Gold Valves to get the flow and installed the compression adjusters from Marzocchi. They work fine now.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

After that send the forks and shock to Les at LTR. Its $550 and you get The Works. Its the cost of admission to the best show in town.
  4. venture4th Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for those tips guys, yes, its the first part of the travel that is proving woeful, we have good corrugations locally for me to test it on-worst fork performance I can remember for handling corrugations. Will have to have a dig around and see if I can find a local equivalent here in east coast Australia. Won't be shipping these parts to the US..shipping costs and the US-AUD exchange rate make it prohibitive.
  5. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    The trick is to get them to flow more oil and any good off-road tuner would see that when digging into them. Find somebody that knows Marzocchi and they should know what to do. Race Tech Gold Valves fit (RM units maybe . . I can't remember the mm) or the stock ones can be modified. Get the comp. adjusters from Marzocchi and install them (about $100). I think it's hard to enlarge the low speed orifices on the stock units because they are curved, but maybe it can be done. Personally I like being able to adjust them.
  6. surly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where would someone get the part number?
    I was comparing the other TEs with the 610 and the forks are pretty different. I suspect that the MX models wont have interchangeable parts either.
  7. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    My suspension shop ordered them directly from Marzocchi in CA and it only took him 1 week to get them. If you are similarly working through a shop they should be able to get them. If not try the Marzocchi USA webite. Should be a contact link on there to get the info.