08 TE610 Enduro Back Tire hitting the Muffler

Discussion in '610/630' started by North, Sep 22, 2008.

1. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    The back tire is hitting the Muffler on my new 08 TE610E. I am not doing any jumps or radical riding with it. Should this be happening?

There are scuff marks on the inside side of the muffler were it's been coming in contact with the side of the rear tire.

I took a look at the rear spring and it is at full compression. I have not done anything with the shock damping yet.

Anyways I was wondeiring what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

It may be that the pipe/muffler is bent inward........ getting in the way of the wheel.
    I've had that problem on a few bikes in the past.
  3. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Thanks, I was wondering if that could be it.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I fall down go boom, sort of a pattern with me. Things can bend like mounting tabs & subframes. I just stick some washers between the muffler and subframe to shim out as necessary, or pull muffler out a bit, or even a smaller tire - it's all good.
  5. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Another thing to consider is that it wasn't mounted correctly in the first place.
    Perhaps someone (or two) with a brandy new 610E could take a quick measurement from some reliable and convenient point of reference... for stare and compare purposes.

When you mount an exhaust system, you begin by installing everything loose and without any binding. Then you start snugging things down from the head back... the entire time checking the next bit in line to make sure it's still aligned and not binding.
    Once everything is snug and nothing was forced or otherwise coerced, you go back and torque everything to spec. That's about as good as it's ever going to get.

Yes... I am an anal retentive, obsessive compulsive. But I'm getting better, honest. ;)

C
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2 week old TE 610, its never been down, etc.

Sure enough, there are very slight rubs from the rear tire against the exhaust can.

I am still breaking it in, so hard to tell how bad it will rub, but even really taking it easy, its rubbing a bit.

Most bikes ive owned did the same thing. It doesnt worry me a bit, and seems perfectly normal, IMHO.

Looking very closely at the rear it seems like the upper rear of the bike is off-center maybe a 1/4inch or something. Very very slightly. As Creeper pointed out loosening everything up and adjusting it would probably solve the problem.
  7. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I loosened the exhaust, turned the muffler a bit and put in a couple of washers. It looks like that did the trick.:applause:

Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:
  8. Hoder Husqvarna
    B Class

They all do that.