1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 TE450 radiator options

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tntmo, Apr 25, 2022.

1. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    My 450 has had a slight coolant smell for about the last year, never noticed a leak but I knew it was there somewhere. This last weekend I had loaned my bike out and I guess it finally showed itself, the right radiator (cap side) has sprung a leak. The guy I loaned it to was so apologetic, but I assured him that it was not his fault at all. I felt bad that it ended their ride more than anythying.

I'm pretty sure I purchased a set of the eBay cheapies a long time ago and that's what is on there. I was pretty happy with those for under $100 shipped and I see they are still selling around the same price. Anyone purchased them lately and been happy or disappointed?

I also see that Mylers has their SuperCool Radiators available, one on closeout for $125 is listed to fit the following models: Husqvarna CR/WR 125 2009, TE/TC/TXC 250 2010 (Cap Side)

I think that should fit my bike, anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Can Mylers fix the leak? Seems like it might be a better option than replacement.
    tntmo likes this.
  3. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    I have used Mylers before and been very happy with their results. I don't know as if having this aftermarket radiator fixed would be any better than just buying another set of them? They are $90 a set or so. I have been running this set for five years or more. My original set was pretty well destroyed, the left side is twisted up pretty bad but still holds and the right side was completely torn apart. I haven't crashed hard like that for a long time, hopefully no more!
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yeah, crashing gets expensive! :)
    tntmo likes this.
  5. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    I ended up ordering a set of radiators on Ebay, saw that the seller was located in CA. I ordered them on Tuesday and they were at my door on Thursday. Easy install, they look a bit better than the last set I got.

The only issue with them, same as the last set that I got, is that the overflow nipple by the radiator cap is just angled a bit wrong. Getting the hose on it causes a kink because it's so close to the frame. I solved this on my last set by cutting about 1/4" off the nipple. I unscrewed the old one and put it on the new radiator, but I'm going to see if a 45 degree or 90 degree one exists.

Anyway, back in business with a shiny new radiator!
    rancher1 and shrubitup like this.