1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'08 TE250 smoking?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HairlessKitty, Apr 13, 2009.

1. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    I picked up my TE250 on 4/1/09, from the first ride it has blown smoke. Thought okay follow break in guidlines and make sure everything is seated properly and go from there. Made sure to follow break in guidlines to the T. With first oil change smoking seemed to lessen, then took it out for only my second off road ride yesterday and theres the smoke. Any ideas?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My 2006 te250 does that. Especially if there is a bit too much oil in the crankcase. Seems to have lessened over time though.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    And it'll smoke a lot if you fall over on the righthand side too, because all the oil can go out the breather and into your airbox and air cleaner and get sucked right into the carb or injection system.:doh:
  4. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    should clarify. does upon start up and goes away once it warms up. Air filter has No-Toil, Motorex 10-60
  5. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

How much oil did you put in it when you changed it??? Did you also remember to clean the screens during the oil change???? Not doubting your ability to do the work,,just need the info to better help you correct what ever the problem may be.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is exactly what my 2006 TE250 did when I bought it from Dan at Motoxotica Feb 2006.

After a while it was not so bad - unless there was too much oil in it. Nothing wrong with my bike.

I think it may have been closer to the 200 - 300 mile range when it stopped smoking in start up now that I think of it. Blue smoke.
  7. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

My '07 250 used to smoke a good bit at start-up when it was new. Now after 60 plus hours there's very little, if any smoke unless I leave the choke on too long. Like Coffee said, it will blow blue smoke if there's too much oil in the crancase until it warms up.
  8. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    My 08 TXC250 did the same thing for the first few rides, 600 miles in I don't notice it at all. It seems to have broken in nicely. :thumbsup:

Later,