1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 TE250 prep (link to pictures+embedded)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by lairpost, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

After 300 hours/5000 miles on a 06 TE450 I decided to go small. Took delivery of a 08 TE250 8/15/08 from the same shop, Moto Forza, thanks Balz, I bought my TE450.

I've started the tear down to lube all bearings properly, re torque and locktite, treat electrical connections, as well as learning the machine inside and out. There are numerous refinements, little details that show true improvement and thought. The FI is so 'clean' compared to the FCR.

I took some pics along the way...I'll be adding more as I progress.

http://www.pbase.com/anepoch/te250

All of the bearings had a decent amount of grease but not enough, especially the shock needle bearing. I prefer waterproof grease over the white lithium grease the factory uses. The subframe flips up so easily to access the shock/swingarm I don't think I'll miss the zerks on the 06. I failed to take pics with the triple trees off...but the stem bearings had the most grease of all.

The original resolution are up here for detailed view, use 'large' or 'medium' size to speed loading.

Brett
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Bravo ! You got her ! Balz is OK right!!! Nice machine,,,, you will find her much more managable than the older TE, the new chassis rocks!!
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice pictures, nice bike. Let us know how it treats you. :cheers:
  4. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

I'd like to here your seat of the pants feel for the 08 te250 vs your 06 te450. I am really considering either the te250 or 310 when I can afford a suitable replacement for my xr400.
  5. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Will do. Before I tore it down, I did get in one ride to the corner market for a celebration quart of brew! I putted to be easy on it, but even in that short few minutes on the street it feels about 80lbs. lighter than the 450, maybe 90lbs!
  6. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    My last bike was an XR400, and now i just bought a TC250....its a whole different world. I liked the TC, but found it really hard to not stall so it was kinda frustrating....but now that im getting use to it I freakin LOVE it. Its just a different riding style I guess.

:D:D
  7. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

I expect them to be completely different. I went with the XR after 13 years of being off of dirt bikes cause I knew I would drop it (no rads). :p I also knew the torque of the 400 would be huge for my learning curve. I love my XR, but for the tight technical woods, a light 250 would be so much nicer. I have a couple years before I can convince the wife that I need another bike...or like the XR and the SM....just show up with it in the back of my truck :D

Plus....I have a KTM 400exc guy to show up eventually :D
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool! Thanks for the pics, always good to have a reference point.

Man oh man both a 450 and a 250, you got it covered. Congrats.
  9. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

More progress...

Riding buddies bailed on me for the usual Tuesday ride, but I found something to keep me occupied.

I received the gold standard in Husky skid plates from George today, thanks George! along with a spare x-ring for the clutch slave.

Bike bondage! Figured it'd be easier to suspend it from the ceiling while mounting the bash plate.

[IMG]

Air box pipe burn solution, 1/32 steel, painted and RTV'd, stick on alum tape further forward (it lasts for a short while...)

[IMG]

Cleaned up the front wiring. What's the many conductor black connector with no mate do? Same harness as the 610?

[IMG]

Up-Tite skid plate: 4mm neoprene to cushion the blows to bike and body, keeps it from resonating too.

[IMG]

Took a hole saw and cut a circle of plexiglass to cover the sight glass. Overkill, yes, easy to do and fun, you bet!

[IMG]

Temp stickers and billet rad guards to come this week sometime. :)

Hand fabbed stainless clutch and stator covers to come after the Baja Husky ride over Labor Day weekend. I'll be riding the 450 South o' Border.
  10. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool. Where did you get the sight glass plastic? And what's the purpose of the hole? Sorry, I must be slow:D
  11. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I've got a sheet (or two) of 3/32 plexiglass. I used a hole saw in the drill press, hence the hole in the middle. I thought about aluminum or SS with 3 slots to view the oil level but the plexi was quick and easy and the wife was hollering to leave the new girlfriend alone and come in for the evening. :) She only lets me have Italian mechanical girlfriends.
  12. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ah, so the hole in the middle serves no purpose?

Thanks again!
  13. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

The hole saw has a bit in the center to keep it centered...no purpose for the hole otherwise.
  14. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

It serves a purpose. It makes it lighter :D
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The electrical connector you ask about is to hook up to a computer for FI tuning.
  16. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Thank Rancher1.
  17. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

You can use a hole saw without the centre bit,use it normaly on a bit of ply,pull the centre bit out and put the ply over the perspex,clamp both together and use the first hole to stop the hole saw spinning out without the centre bit,I do this to make plugs when an old hole needs to be filled.
  18. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I thought the hole was for condensation. ;)
  19. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

Does it collect dirt and obscure your view?