1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 TE EFI Issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Kanon Palmgren, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Suzuki GS750, 2003 KX250
    So Thursday I went on a 46 mile night ride in the high desert with two friends. Around 6:30 pm we set off on our ride and right from the get go the bike was reluctant to start and didn't really like to idle. At this point the bike is completely stock and had 140 miles on it, I've replace the fuel pump with a CA Cycleworks unit and it had a fresh battery. Once we hit the wash the bike loved the high R's but around 2k rpm's is sounded as if it was being choked out. We hit the mountains and it progressively got worse and worse, no idle made for a fun/adventurous/dark descent in the rocks. About mid ride it became so gutless that I had to ride it like a 125 pinballing up hill-climbs. By the time we hit the highway towards or destination the bike only ran at or above 3/4 throttle and then eventually cut out about two miles from our destination. FF to sat at a buddy's shop we cleaned the throttle body, injector squirts, O2 sensor appears to be good, new plug, it's got compression, fuel pump is priming, Stator, flywheel and ignition/timing trigger all appear brand new but no start :confused:. I hear that the valves can over tighten but at so few hours? Can the TPS go bad? Is my only option to drive two hours and pay a dealer to iBeat it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kanon
  2. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Check the 3 wires for the coil plug and make sure the ground is still good. I had what sounds to be some of the same things a while back and that was what it was. I know it sounds weird but worth a shot to look befor you go to the dealer.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about the temp sensor ? Husky changed suppliers because of a high failure rate. Could cause the problem you speak of. A new one runs about 15.00 and is easy to replace, with all of the other stuff you have done I would start there. You mentioned the oxygen sensor, is this bike not powered up yet ?
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check for intake leak, cracked or separating intake boot. Spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner on the boot as the bike is running, listen for changes in running. I've had 3 boots fail.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    duggoey likes this.
  5. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the help, I will check all as soon as I get home later. Is there a way to check the temp sensor with a non running bike since it won't even start at this point. Oh and no power up it's 100% stock except for the new fuel pump and a doubletake mirror.
  6. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 - SMS 125 - TE 250 - TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    True, these things don't last, I had to change mine last week.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If the temp sensor is bad, the bike should throw a permanent FAIL on the dash and the fan should come on with the bike not running.

Have you tried pulling out the choke plunger and/or opening the throttle while cranking it?
    268fords likes this.
  8. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    So I just checked the coil, rechecked the fuel pump, check the boot and all are in great working order. Oh and I never get a fail screen. I just try to start the bike and everything does as it should then acts like it's not getting fuel but I know the EFI primes and squirts. I'm convinced the timing is off and the intake valves are not opening or something. I Read somewhere about "dropping valves" but are the symptoms similar?
  9. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've also tried every choke/throttle/compression relief options known to man but no go.
  10. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Just wondering. Is your battery holding enough volts? Our bikes will not run with a bad battery.
  11. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess it's off to Uptite once I get chance.
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Pull the injector and clean it out with carb cleaner spray.
  14. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    So after cleaning the throttle body at the shop the mechanic had said the injector was "good" but upon further inspection just now this is what I have found:

Does anyone know if a 14 hole injector would work as a replacement cuz my buddy has on laying around?

Attached Files:

15. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    What exactly does the video show?
    Why not pull the injector out for testing?
  17. Kanon Palmgren Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh bad link I guess, the injector is totally clogged. We tried clearing it at the shop but after sitting for six years unriden with fuel still in the tank the is probably toast.