'08 Sm 610ie - Starting Issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Before_May, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Before_May Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610ie
    Greetings to all people in this forum!

This is my first posted thread here (and the second time I write, to be ecaxt).
    I was hoping for my first post to be something positive, but what can you do...

So about a month ago I bought a used 2008 610ie sm with about 10000 km on it (about 6000 miles).
    Went and tested the bike before I bought it, she was fine. She needed to be serviced and stuff, but was overall ok.

Got the bike all excited and happy, as it is my first "serious" bike.

From the get go, the bike had trouble starting cold. Like, the first 1-2 days I had to fight with it like 2-3 minutes to get it started every time. That was something I didn't like, but figured it may be due to my inexperience and noobish-ness. I thought as days go by, I would figure the whole thing out.

Third day I could not start the bike at all...
    Like, whatever I do it does not start.

I have left the bike in an authorized dealer to be fixed but it has been two weeks now and I have no bike.
    The mechanic so far has told me that ibeat didn't show anything and the "usual suspects" (ie compression, spark and fuel in cylinder) are not to blame. He checked everything and he thinks that it's an electrical problem.
    :( :(

Symptoms I gathered:
    - You turn the key on --> Dashboard works, you can hear the injector working
    - You try to start the bike --> It turns and turns. Does not fire up though.

I read every thread I found here about 610s not starting. I gathered the following:
    - I can smell gas when I try to start the bike
    - There is the possibility of the temp sensor but I DID NOT have the flashing neutral light that was mentioned in relative threads
    - I DO HAVE intermittent road lights though. You turn road lights on and they do not operate. They seem to flicker when I press the front brake though. Coincidence?
    - Bike horn does not work as well

Any suggestions?
    Will I ever have my bike fixed?