1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 IMS Tank Fitment Issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Fast1, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've had my IMS tank on now for a month or so and still find that there is a fitment issue. The tank wings sit at different heights (throttle side low) and this seems to be related to the front tank bolt/hold slot.

Without the bolt the tank sits perfect but as soon as I install the bolt and sleeve it causes the awkward fit.

Anyone else experience this and if so is there a remedy?

[IMG]
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Mine sits exactly the same way. Left wing was 1/4" above the shroud when 1st installed and has remained so since. Had to trim the right shroud down 1/8" to keep the wing off of it. Are the rubber bumpers touching the frame at the aft end of the tank on yours? Mine still don't but the seat fits fine so I haven't pursued tweaking anything. I believe the 2 steel locator posts are a little bit off from the tank's pattern and cause my issue. Maybe yours is the same?
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Mine's the same but not so severe.
    Small price to pay for the extra fuel I now can carry.:thumbsup:
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Mine's the same regarding the wings. Sets VERY close on the bumpers but not quite flush without me on the seat. No problems though. TE 250
  5. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had another new IMS tank to try from Halls and it fit identical. The only way I could elevate the right side was by using an additional rubber shim on the right rear mounting post to lift the right side.

This is extremely puzzling... I've ensured there was no contact anywhere under the tank and infact took a file to the weld bead where the two frame sides meet the single beam from the head stock under the center of the tank in an attempt to remove any excess weld from bumping the bottom of the tank. I don't get it??? unless they are all this way or I have a tweaked frame..