08 efi

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by meletis, Oct 20, 2008.

1. meletis Husqvarna
    B Class

it is almost impossible to find a solution here with the dealers, concerning EFI setup on my new 08 TE510.
    I have installed the power up kit, no problems with the performance but high consumption (70 klm).
    Is it better to have the Lamda sensor installed back??
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can buy the IBeat software, and or Power Commander and fine tune things yourself. Just an idea.

I think there are new maps coming on the '09 bikes, so maybe just wait a few weeks more?

Yes with the Lamda back you will get better milage, but with the bike opened up it might not run right.
  3. monkeymunch Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its a race bike get over it.
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice 2nd post! It's a race bike, but with a plate and most don't race. Besides, if I were racing, I would be on a TXC anyway.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you checked to see that the tank is bone dry? Reason I ask is sometimes the fuel pump does not stay at the bottom of the tank and you need to use a couple of zip ties.
  6. Doriak Husqvarna
    A Class

Jeez, no kidding :thumbsdown: Anyway...

meletis,

I'm working thru the same thing with my '08 TE450 (see '08 efi open loop vs closed loop thread). Some good info from members. I've ridden my bike stock and with the Arrow silencer/SA and O2 (aka lambda sensor) installed but the bike still runs poorly; snatchy low speed throttle and occasional flame-outs. I just removed the O2 sensor and plugged in the PU connector. Haven't been able to do a proper ride on it yet but just around the house and up the street it seems to idle better with much improved off-idle throttle response. I also went to a 50T rear sprocket - the stock 47T was a bit too tall for the tighter trails around here. Hopefully my fuel range will be okay :excuseme:
    I'll report back.

I'm not keen on messing with the ECU mapping (iBeat, Power Commander) 'cause I'm not convinced (yet) of the cost-benefits plus I'm basically lazy and would rather that work be/been done by the mfg. to begin with. But I'm funny that way :D
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Really not feel'n the "Brotherly Love" there ...must be a youngen.
    Pretty good... his second post.:confused:
    First was[/QUOTE]=monkeymunch.new here ride a 08sm450r only posting here because I can't post anywhere else. [/QUOTE]

AnyWay....
    I'm not sure but I think there're a few post over on TT
    on this. Must try searching.
    I've had the power up kit installed from day one with no problems.

But I would give up a few ponys for a little better mileage.(leaving the power up kit on is a must)
    Not sure if one can have both worlds.
  8. Doriak Husqvarna
    A Class

Agree. Not asking too much IMO to have a proper running EFI TE450 with acceptable/comparable to the competition gas mileage. I'll take a bit less mpg for a good running bike - even with the paltry stock 1.9 gal tank :banghead:

Not ready to spring for the troubled IMS solution. Finger's crossed for a member here looking into an alloy design or maybe the rumored Acerbis or Husky optional larger tank offerings. Might be awhile so I'll just have to ride shorter loops for now :thumbsup:
  9. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

zip ties

i re did mine with a larger zip tie,and thought "is it ok to put a zip tie in the gas tank" ?:eek:
  10. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

Often & still overlooked - you arn`t messing with anything by changing the spec to the verified & recommended settings, it`s actually returning them to how they were originally set up, remember the way you recieved it was "restricted" for euro spec
    so just consider it the same as pulling a pipe restrictor out, just electronically. :)
  11. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

What are the spec'd/recommended settings? I'm taking my TE250 in to my dealer to have them check/adjust the EFI as I only get ~35MPG and a fair bit of black soot on the spark arrestor, though it doesn't run as if it overly rich.

Did the factory issue a bulletin to the dealers with specific settings for FB1, FB2, etc? or will my dealer be guessing what it will take to clean up the mixture?

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the bike and EFI. I should add I've got about 105 hours on it and have run the power up kit since ~30 hours +.

Update: Dealer measured CO% at 5.6%, they changed/reduced FB1 until the EGA reported 4.05% CO. The bike is noticeably crisper, time will tell how much it will improve mileage.
  12. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

09 map

i was told by husky uk that the 09 mapping cant be used on the 08s
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Any updates on MPG? My 2006 TE250 gets closer to 50 MPG.
  14. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Not yet, I've ridden twice since the EFI adjustment/TPS reset, but I use a 5 gallon container to refill the bike at home. I'll fill up at the station and note the mileage over the next few weeks.

The adjustment really woke up the 250. It's got more across the band, pulls harder everywhere. It's no 450, but it's definitely making more torque and hp than before. Much crisper throttle too. Temps ran a touch hotter, but it's also near 80 deg. here so it's hard to say if the 'jetting' is to blame. It's still well within normal temp.

If it turns out the 09 map can be loaded into the 08, I would want to be sure I could revert if I didn't like it, very pleased as is and it seemed pretty good before too. Oh yeah, it starts half a crank sooner too, like half a crank and she's running, used the kick starter for fun today. :)

I'd love to see 50 MPG, but I'm not holding my breath. The normal riding for us is tight, steep and deep as in ruts, lots of 1, 2, 3 gear, on off blip type rocky single-track.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I don't get 50 MPG in that stuff, but playing around and easy street riding I get over 100 miles per (stock) tank. Never really measured it now that I think of it.
  16. meletis Husqvarna
    B Class

Ι have lost the story so far about the EFI thing, but i will have my own diagnostic tool pretty soon.
    Could somebody be kind enough to sum up what should be done to fix the EFI function on a 08 (six days model semi 09) 510TE??
    So far the consumption, stalling and the smoothness are my main problems.
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

i-Beat is almost useless to really fine tune a bike. Get the Power Commander and take it to an authorized Dyno dealer for a custom EFI map!
  18. bullygrip Husqvarna
    B Class

newbie here thinking of getting an 08' SM 450,510 or 610 , are those models having the same EFI issues?
  19. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm one a small handful that has been having small issues! Furthermore, I think in some small way it's the nature of the beast...450 four stroke...Rekluse.
  20. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The WEC guys have the EFI all figured out. :banghead:

[IMG]