08 EFI woes

Discussion in '610/630' started by tlking6, Nov 26, 2008.

1. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am starting to regret going with the 08. My dealer has the software to plug in and tweak the FI settings but cant get it to work and it seems now he is just giving up. I have added a pipe which woke the bike up midrange and on but the low settings are way too lean.
    I'm in San Diego North County and throwing out a hail mary to anyone here that can hook me up with someone who has successfully been able to get in and change the settings.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ron Hamp MC, Escondito
    Moto Forza, Escondito
    GP motorcycles, San Diego
    10 West, Indio
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    George Erl Uptite Husky
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah its a problem on the 610. I have the same issues. Its mostly worked out on the smaller bikes, but getting the 610 dialed is a problem.

Try GP if you are in SD area. They know their stuff. Talk to Paul. You need a lambda bypass to go with that pipe. Or an adjustable O2 sensor. Or both. Some ECU tweaking too.

It will take some time for the 610 to get sorted. Fingers crossed '09 will have better mapping. But i kinda dont think there is a real '09, just left over '08. Time will tell.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2008 TE 610s are sold out in the US, except the few that are at dealers, they will have to build more.
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its true the '08 TE610 is sold out. I bought the last one in SoCal a couple months ago. I new it would be my last chance at a new 610 for a long time, and i swooped in and got it.

At that time the TE line could not be brought into 4 states, Cali and Washington among them, because of a snafu with paperwork. I will leave it at that. The warehouse had plenty of '08 610's that couldnt be sold. It still does.

How all those bikes are dealt with remains to be seen. They might be re-badged as '09 or they might be blown out as old '08's once they are able to sell them. Or something else might transpire, i have no idea.

Given that the specs for the '09 TE 610 are 100% the same as the '08, and given that they arent headed for showroom floors right now, yet they are sitting in a US warehouse, and given that Husky NA has asked for orders from dealers to see if they need to make any 610's at all, well, its not hard to connect the dots.

I could take it a step farther and say whats going on, but i got in trouble on another site for that.

I sure hope there is great demand for TE610's, and that there is a large production run of '09 TE610's sometime soon. :thumbsup:

Personally i dont think a Te610 will ever again be made. Just a hunch. I have ZERO inside info at all, 100% pure speculation, and its not even worth .02 pesos. Sure hope i am wrong.
  7. TrailRider Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a friend that has a '08 610 and has tinkered with his FI map. He has a site that you can go to and have a look at what he has done. Rick is a good guy and loves to talk about his bike. 610 link home page
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Why would you say that? I see more 610's on the road than any other Husky.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Try a POWER COMMANDER, it will give you control of you EFI so you can tune it to your liking. It's worked out really good for me because I'm a long way from a dealer.
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its a very old design, with limitations for the 'tard program.

Twice Husky has tried to come out with a replacement.

One was the famous V, and that design was taken over to Aprillia by engineers who jumped ship before the Piaggio deal was worked out. The other was a dual overhead cam 650, which was taken over to MV Augusta/Harley and is set for production next year.

So Husky has had some funny issues with replacing the 610, even if they have made some real effort. Add in the new KTM 690, and theres some pressure.

Now shake a dose of BMW 650. Finally a nod to the fact that the 610 does not now have a production schedule for '09, just a vague notion that they will make some, if there is sufficient demand from dealers.

Its 100% speculation on my part, but it just feels like a replacement for the mighty 610 is not far away.

I love my 610, dont get me wrong.

Again 100% speculation. Hope im wrong.

Sorry for the lame speculation and partial thread hijack. :excuseme: