1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 08 cr 125 suspension

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by skid, Jul 10, 2009.

1. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

My cheapie 08 did not come through with an owners manual...
    somebody want to give me an idea what the baseline settings are for the suspension front and back. Yes I know I could just kind start in the middle and work it out from there but it would be nice to know what the factory settings are.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sure my 08 CR came with the book. Front (lower Register) -20 clicks, Extension (upper register) -12 clicks. A) Rear Compression low damping speed: 15 clicks, high damping speed: maximum open (reister 6 - large knob on rear shock). To reset the standard calibration turn the upper registers (4 small screw on rear shock) and (6) clockwise until reaching fully closed position. Return them back for the mentioned clicks. In order to obtain a smooth braking action, turn the registers anticlockwise. Reverse the operation in order to obtain a harder braking action. B) Extension - -15 clicks (lower screw near bottom of rear shock. I hope this makes sence if not let me know and I will try and help with pics of what they are talking about. I haven't touched any suspension parts on my CR; been running it as it came for now.
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey John,
    Do me a favor sometime and see if you can even turn that big high speed damping knob on your rear shock.
    Mine won't turn but just a tiny little tweak either direction,...at least by hand anyways. So far I've resisted the urge to put a pair of channel locks on it. The little brass screw in the center turns real easy and clicks just like it's supposed to, but I wonder if something's wrong with my big red anodized knob,...or if I just need to persuade it a bit more.
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the reply John
    I always like to check where they are set. I've had bikes come through with the clickers in hte wrong position before. Full in full out that sort of thing

Rusty, The high speed adjuster on my gasser (ohlins) needs a 17 mm socket or wrench to be adjustedon the gasser it is 4 1/2 turns from full in to full out
  5. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks Skid, I think my rear shock is a Sachs?...and the knob has only ridges on it for gripping with fingers. Those Ohlins are high dollar stuff.
  6. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

oops sorry about that....
    I think my 02 wr has a sachs shock iirc mine has a slot in the "big" knob that you could get a crew driver into and I used that to adjust it. If there is no slot on yours I would go the channel lock route ... but try not to get too cro mag with it!!
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Rusty, I can get the red knob on my 300 to turn with channel locks, but never by hand. It's even too stiff to budge it with a large flat blade screwdriver in the slots.
  8. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Alrighty then,...that's what I wanted to know. It is supposed to actually turn then! I just didn't want to dumb around and snap it off. :lol:

Thanks Krieg & Skid
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The rear on my 08Cr125 is Ohlins and turns using a wrench. The rear shock on my 09 TXC510 is Sachs and I can turn it with my fingers. It kinda stiff but I just turned it without using anything other than my fingers. Hey skid I am not sure if the settings I gave you were for a Ohlins or Sachs. Like I said my bike has Ohlins but the picture in the Owners Manual looks like a Sachs shock.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Just remember that the 300 comes stock with the knob all the way out. So don't try to wrench it out any more or you might snap it. It should only go clockwise if it hasn't been touched from stock.
  11. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well for what it's worth, the text that you typed him about it is almost exactly verbatim word for word what my owner's manual says,...and the picture and the shock are both Sachs in my case. So that should be the correct info for him. :thumbsup:
  12. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay, well if all the way out is minimum high speed damping, then that's where it's gonna stay. This ol' boy doesn't launch any 70' table tops, I just need maximum comfort cruising two track and dozer roads.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats cool Rusty 2 I just didn't want to give him good info on the wrong shock. So... since I have the Ohlins rear and the book covers Sachs it looks like I may be the one needing info LOL. Thanks.
  14. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Maybe,....but you have the much better shock. ;)
  15. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the ohlins also ... guess I'll wing it!!
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Since we are in the same boat let me know what you end up with. Mine is still as it came from the dealer.
  17. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I got my first ride in today. I ride some pretty rough stuff and just went full soft on the front compression. and full soft of the rear low speed comp and about a 1/2 turn in from full soft on the high speed comp. going full soft made the bike a little better but it still seemed kinda harsh.On the smoother flowing stuff it worked pretty good. In hte rough chatterly stuff it was harsh. It doesn't help that the springs are too light for my weight. Anyone know what the stock front springs are? the ohlins has a 48 on it which is way too soft. Probably will have to get a revalve to get the susp. where i'd like it.

btw my gas cap leaked all day long. I checked the rubber thingy underneath the cap and it appears to be seated correctly. It was more a seep than leak. But I had a good size wet spot below the cap all day long. plus you really had to crank down on the cap otherwise it would really leak. dried up rubber dohicky from sittin unused since mfg back in 07 maybe??

I'll get flamed for this but ...
    I like kick stands ... any after market possiblities out there?? Or can you put a wr stand on it??