1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 510 Smr Gas Tank Problems

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by herkko, Sep 3, 2021.

1. herkko Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
    Hi all, I have a question that could be a potential issue. Lately, I’ve been getting terrible fuel mileage. After maybe two or so rides lasting about 15 minutes each (about 7 miles), I somehow managed to empty a very sizable portion of the tank. When I took the tank off, the red little tab or thing you take the fuel line off of kept leaking fuel. Is this supposed to happen? Is something broken? Can this be the reason to why my tank empties so fast?

Attached Files:

2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    When your fuel line is disconnected, the red nipple will leak. I try to have less than half a tank when I remove mine and then prop the tank up so it won’t leak out. Now, while the fuel line to your injector is connected, is fuel leaking?
  3. herkko Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
    It stopped leaking but that was maybe after 10 minutes of it laying upside down, I’ll check if it’s leaking when I put it back on.
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don’t believe there is any kind of check valve
  5. herkko Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
    Good news, nothing is leaking it was just me being worried haha

Except I do have another problem now :(. The long bolt for the oil filter snapped when I was tightening it, for some reason my torque wrench never clicked, but I'll probably take it to a mechanic since I do not have the tools for extracting it.
    268fords likes this.
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to hear. I have found that the quality of steel Husqvarna used on these bolts was very subpar. I’ve replaced many bolts on mine over the years due to the threads failing. Numerous bolts failed threading into aluminum and the aluminum wasn’t damaged.