1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 07 WR 250 Jetting?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 2whlrcr, Jan 15, 2009.

1. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I just bought a left over WR 250. I have not picked up the bike yet and probably won't get to ride it for several months, because of winter.

Is everybody happy with their stock jetting? I'm not sure if this bike comes with extra jets and needles like the KTM's do? Just looking for some setup tips, if they are needed. I'm at 1000' MSL.

Thanks

Mike
  2. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Nobody takes their carb apart and rejets? One thing I noticed is the manual says a 4.0 slide is stock and mine came with a 3.0. I have a 35 pilot, 400 main and -61 needle in the the third clip installed.

I'm at 800 ft and it's pretty cold out right now. Any suggestions for cool weather setup for this bike? Do I need to get a leaner slide? Install the -60 needle? Change the pilot, etc....
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry I am bad at remembering what I had in my bike. I am running a Keihn PWK 38 carb on mine now and can give you those settings. I started writing them down under the seat on top of the rear fender. I would say try that jetting first. Those slides are at least $75.00. You might want to do a search either here or on Thumpertalk for a jetting guide. 35 pilot and 400 main sound right, the 3.0 slide is on the rich side but with the leaner needle it may work.
  4. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Sorry, but I'm horrible for remembering what jets I have in which bike. I don't make it my mission in life to be able to quote jet numbers off the top of my head. Hmmm... after writing that I realize I don't try to remember much of anything:excuseme:

Jetting can be very personal and your riding style and terrain also has a significant effect.

Anyway, I do remember that my '07 250 has a 3.0 slide and a 32.5 pilot with a 390 main. I can't remember the needle number or the clip position. I'm going to try a 30 pilot but others I have talked to went back to a 32.5. I work out the combinations that I like for the various circuits and then forget about it. I also don't mind my bike being a tad rich. I'm at sea level to about 2500'.
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can make the 3.0 slide work just by grinding and polishing the slide to 4.0mm instead of spending the $$$. But I would think you could get it real close without modifying. Concentrate on pilot, needle, main and airscrew.