1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'07 TE250 Suspension Rework

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MotocycleWriter, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MotocycleWriter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650, TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150RT, BMW R100GS
    I have an '07 TE250 that I like a lot. Taken good care of it. The suspension is ready for a recondition and maybe some tuning and I'll probably also put an Athena 300cc kit on it. It's a good time to do it because at least one of the fork seals is leaking. I'm 52 in awesome condition, a good intermediate rider. Not really any supercross type riding, I enjoy motocross, but mostly prefer singletrack and woods riding on this bike when I can get it. Not the fastest, not the slowest. I like to jump but don't get crazy with it. Fairly certain the springs on this bike are too stiff and I have no idea if the valving is what I need. I also have a dualsport and a street bike that I ride almost every day. Just letting you know what kind of rider I am.

What can you do for me and how much is it going to cost? I am a good wrench and don't mind removing the equipment, draining the forks, etc., and sending it to you.

OR

Should I get a newer bike and do the same thing?
  2. vmxwinn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR500,CR430,XC430,OR250,WR400,TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    To many to list
    Wow. You sound exactly like me. 07 TE250, 52, intermediate rider, prefer single track and trail riding but I do some mx from time to time. I inherited my bike from my older brother who bought it new and never rode it.

He had the suspension lowered 3" shortly after buying it and it was crap. So I had the spacers removed by a local husky suspension guy. He has vast knowledge about the Sachs shock and Shiver forks. He said that the shocks have pretty good valving but the forks are terrible and seem to be all different like they grabbed a handful off shims and just trough them in because everyone he has taken apart are different. For my weight 235 we went with stiffer springs front and back. 47kg forks and 5.8kg shock. Also the shim stack is initially harsh but then blows through its travel and bottoms out. Also there is a check valve in there that floats. From what I remember it is very similar in design to white power forks which have a small spring tensioner on it and keeps it in position better.

So my forks are now revalved for initial plushness and then progressively get stiffer. Also with the stiffer fork springs it rides higher in the travel and therefore more plush. I am very happy with what he did.