1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

07 Husqvarna SM450R

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Roadrash, May 10, 2017.

1. Roadrash Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 Husqvarna sm450r
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf450r
    Hi all, new to cafe husky and new to owning a Husqvarna. I recently purchased an 07 450 SMR that i think was neglected a little bit but I am hoping to bring her back to functioning properly with the help of all of you.
    During the test ride it seemed to lack power in comparison to my 02 CRF 450, I figured if i gave her a fist full of throttle the tire would come up but to no avail I tried clutching it and same thing. When the bike is not running and fuel is on it takes maybe 10 seconds for fuel to start dumping out of the bowl, I figured the float isn't correct? No blinkers on the rear wires there, blinkers up front are after market and non functional wires just hanging, brake light works off back brake only, headlight is on a toggle switch mounted inside the headlight housing. It has a vector trail tech speedo that says 1500 miles but very hard to believe. With all that being said I had to have it.

So far.....
    Air filter replaced
    Oil and filter changed
    Pulled clutch cover and clutch looked/smelled smoked - new plates and springs on the way from Hall's. Hope this solves the lack in power?
    Rear blinkers on the way.

If i locate and install an original speedo will the blinkers and headlight work as intended? I see all the original harnesses behind the headlight.
    Did these bikes come with a key?

Any help is greatly appreciated and my apologies for the long post. Am an excited SMR owner!

View attachment 79145
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 07 SMR you have has gearing somewhere around 15/43, if you change it to be like your CRF it will wheelie.
  3. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes they came w a key. pretty rare to find a clutch smoked on a husky. must have been really abused. may i suggests a leak down on it ?? since may when you posted, what is going on w your SMR ??