1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

07 Husky Te 450 Valves Out Of Spec Options

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by oneal, Oct 2, 2017.

1. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Hi all its been a while since ive last posted, but i have been looking in. My 07 TE 450 valves are up for replacement after nearly 10,000 miles. So the question is do i go with stock valves which go from ouch to holy cow. Or go with kibble white black diamond valves. my 450 doesn't get used for racing anymore, only trail riding so id be interested in hearing your experiences with kibble white valves the good the bad and the ugly.
  2. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Kibble whites are good and will out last OEM. You may also need to have the seats cut and new valve seal. The Kibble whites do require different springs and you should also install new retainers and keepers.

Paw Paw
  3. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the input, do you use KW's in any of your bikes.
  4. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

several people on here have , but don’t seem to b hearing from them. i think you will lose a little on the top end as it could b short on R’s but someone more experienced then me will hopefully chime in. you could ask george at uptite or call Halls if need b... my .02
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My 07 TE 450 has over 12000 miles on it, on the original valves. I only have had t o replace two shims since I bought the bike brand new. It has not had any racing, but lots of trail riding, dual sport and more highway than I like, but the engine has held up well. Oil change every 500 miles,, filter every 1000, check valves every 3000, add a teeny bit of two stroke oil to the gasoline, just for a little bit of extra valve and upper cylinder lubrication.
  6. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Yes, I have used them in my CRF450R Honda for mx and my son's CRF450R had great life out of them. You do loose a bit of rev due to the extra weight of the valves, but most people will be hard pressed to notice it at all. Now with that said we did also use them in a KX250F and we did notice a difference in performance, but still not much. All of these were used only for mx.

Paw Paw
  7. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Brilliant cheers all for the input. The valves have been ordered and are there way as we speak. Im currently working away from home so its going at least 3 months before i get the job sorted.
  8. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This what i found when doing the head, the inlet cam shaft bearing had failed SNR 6001 J 30.
    The inner Cage of the bearing had broken up, has you can see in the picture. So maybe its worth while checking the cam bearings if your mileage is getting high.The head as now been rebuilt with new stainless valves, springs, and including both cam bearings. The bearings are not all that expensive considering the cost of full motor rebuild. At about $39.00 each bearing and available from from your local husky dealer.

Attached Files:

rancher1 likes this.