'06 TC250 jetting

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by J.R., Jun 9, 2010.

1. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Hi,
    I just got a 2006 TC250 to race supermoto with. Im having trouble getting it tuned right. When i first got it, It would pop on decel, which I assumed was a lean condition. I changed the needle to the third clip position from the bottom. Ill have to take a peek again to get the letters on the needle. I then was playing with the fuel screw. I turned it all the way in to reset it, then back out to 2.5 turns out. It seems to idle really lean as it gets really ot and turns the header glowing orange hot:eek:

Its mostly stock, but has the husky Racing Titanium exhaust. The carb is a kehein, 37mm I think. Its got a serial on the side of the carb that says "FCR-MX37..." So I assume 37mm. Im at about 4500ft in northern UT.

Does anyone have a decent baseline to start off with?
  2. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Anyone?

The header is still getting really hot, I have a 168 main jet, a 40 pilot, and fuel screw has been anywhere from 1.5 turns out to 3.5 out.

I have looked through all sorts of threads on here, thumpertalk, and on supermotojunkie..
  3. fzbastos Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE250 07 & 511 SMR 13
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 640 SM
    Hi I have a 2007 TE convert to SM and i have the same problem with the jetting i can't get free of the bog, are you allready find a solution for your bike, i have the titanium exhaust and a KN air filter!!
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    not to side rail this thread, but you best have a solid Mechanical baseline. Fact is your bikes are 10 years old. A solid top end, good cams, good cam chain, good valves, good piston, add to that , carb good with fresh stuff like seals and diaphragm, jets etc etc.

BTW JD Jetting was very good to my 06 TE450 FCR41 carb, the accelerator pump mod with the leak jet change was very effective. 250 kit part number is below for reference

JDHQ04 - Husqvarna 250 TC/TXC (05-10) TE (05-07)