06 TC 510 Jetting Help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Mountain_Man, May 30, 2016.

1. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 CR125 Husky, 06 TC510, 08 TC510
    Im looking for some guidance and where to start. I snagged a smoking deal Akrapovic full ti offroad system for cheap brand new, installed it on and I had to tilt the carb slightly for no issues from the pipe to ever touch.

So I test rode it lightly today around the track to see what im dealing with, and it's on the lean side.

-Harder to start than oem system on, especially when hot.
    -Falls flat mid-top range.
    -Bogs when you snap the throttle quickly, which I was enduring before. Thought I could live with it haha!
    -Decel Popping more often than oem.

I have carb parts kicking in my spare box, just unsure which one will be the cat's meow?

Main: 180, 185, 190
    Pilot: 52, 58
    Needle: JD red
  2. rappster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc449 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rmz250
    I had the same bike and here's what I did
    First call was to George at up-tite and I pluged my leak jet
    Clipped the extra long vent tubes and depending on where you live altitude wise required jet changes
  3. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 CR125 Husky, 06 TC510, 08 TC510
    I've found the problem why the bike was not accelerating properly in the ranges, since I bought my bike used.. the clutch decided to give me the finger and I was very lucky fortunately. What happened was the friction plates went smooth, and the back steel plate showed splits in 1/4 portions. The basket didn't show any cuts or signs of grooves, caught it in the nick of time.

Is George on Cafe Husky too, probably be easier for me to pm him than long distance call? The altitude where I live varies alot here, some rides can be at sea level and next day could be up at 4,500 feet in the mountains.
  4. rappster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc449 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rmz250
    George is the best
    He owns Up-Tite husqvarna in Southern California
    He is on cafe husky