1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

06 Husky SM510R Stator Resistance Values

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tls25rs, Jul 15, 2009.

1. tls25rs Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have just reviewed many posts on multiple message boards that come back when a search on the word stator is requested and was not able to locate any values for what the resistance measurements on the stator wiring of my bike should be.

I have the factory service manual coming from Hall's next day for tomorrow but I am trying to get my bike running for the races this weekend and I would love to get it done tonight.

I will post the resistance measurements I measured on my stator and if anyone either has this info from a repair project in the past, or if anyone feels like going out to their bike, measuring these values and posting a reply it would be greatly appreciated.

wht ylw gr rd rd/w blk/r GND

wht - 0.3 - - - - 0.9

ylw 0.3 - - - - - 0.8

grn - - - 102.4 - - -

red - - 102.4 - - - -

rd/w - - - - - 12.1 -

blk/r - - - - 12.1 - -

GND 0.9 0.8 - - - - -

The chart I tried to make didn't work out so well so here are the relevant values. I realize some of them are redundant as they are just reversing other measurements listed but figured I would be thorough.

WHITE to YELLOW 0.3 Ohm

WHITE to GROUND 0.9 Ohm

YEllOW to WHITE 0.3 Ohm

YELLOW to GROUND 0.8 Ohm

GREEN to RED 102.4 Ohm

RED to GREEN 102.4 Ohm

RED/WHITE to BLACK/RED 12.1 Ohm

BLACK/RED to RED/WHITE 12.1 Ohm

GROUND to WHITE 0.9 Ohm

GROUND to YELLOW 0.8 Ohm

I posted this on Thumpertalk as well so those of you that frequent both forums will probably see this twice.

Thanks for looking,

Joel
  2. tls25rs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I wound up swapping in a stator from another motor that had some slightly different readings then the ones listed above. After the swap my bike fired up instantly. I will revisit this thread later and list the measurements of the stator that worked as a reference point.

One thing I found odd is that a couple of the measurements on the stator that works are different then the values in the factory service manual.

Joel