'03 te610e

Discussion in '610/630' started by Norman Foley, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I pulled the 610 out of hibernation yesterday. I never ride this bike enough, but I'll probably never sell it. It always puts a smile on my face. A little less sexy (Pure Nineties Husky style) than its younger sibling ('06 and up TE610), but can do it all..... from cruising down the road to a nasty East Coast hare scrambles course.

I had a "pride comes before the fall" moment though..... Last Fall I drained the carb and filled the tank will fresh fuel with StaBil. I never put the battery on the Tender. When I pulled it out it fired right up. I was thinking how good that Yuasa battery (The original from '03) was than the Varta the new ones get. I rode around yesterday with multiple stops, all good. I take it to the store this morning and when I go to head home..... It cranks and then dead. I checked the fuses, all good. Then I check the battery, a little tougher on mine, as it's in the rear of the airbox on the old "E". The battery leads all looked tight and shiney, but there was enough corrosion between the connectors and battery to kill the connection. Cleaned it up, got it running and when I got home really cleaned all the electrical connections and put some dielectric grease on them. I'm good to go now!

I took off my stock rack and installed a PMB one with a chainsaw holder. The stock one is going to Fran Bottone to mount on his '01 TE400 (my old bike). I'm ready for trail work now and can doubly scare the "Greenies".... Dirt bike with mounted chainsaw!:eek:

The 125 is at P3 for a another week at least, so I'm going to spend some quality time with the 610!:cheers:
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Norm you don't pull your batteries when storing your bikes?

I wouldn't mined seeing a pic of your chainsaw holder.

We have lots of windfall here this year and I want to rig up something
    for my one Husky to carry my other Husky(chainsaw)
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've been lazy with the 610. I always pulled my street bike batteries and put them in the cellar on a tender. I'll pull it next winter, learned my lesson. I'll try to get a pic.
  4. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

You think you got trees down? Come on down to the Gulf Coast.
    Your battery will be red hot by the time you get here and we still have plenty of Ike damage for you saw on.

Oh yeah, I want to see a chain saw rack too.