012 TC250 First race - Taboc Cebu 2015

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ray_ray, Feb 17, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Think this is the first race on this bike for me ... I've only rode it a few times, including yesterday. Sort of got out of ~all racing here last yr and just concentrated on trail riding but this is our new local sx type track and I've been out there about all week so I've got a pretty good clue on the track. Track was sticky wet on Tuesday and now on Sunday, it's dry and slick in places and sort of sandy in others due to no real rain all week.

Executive C class - oldest guys - Main event - mostly 450 riders ... Not too many hard-core 250 riders on the tracks.

View: http://youtu.be/_oUwyhSqUy8

This is our home track for the next ~yr and I'm hoping to get a little of my racing edge back here ... Not so much the jumping but first the cornering on both my 4t and 2t bikes... Then I'm gonna make another effort to log some air-time with that 250cc 2t bike also.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's some of the bikes on hand ... pretty impressive total number showed up on such short notice ...

108_0356_result.JPG 108_0361_result.JPG 108_0359_result.JPG 108_0363_result.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    KR94 showed -- Not sure who he is exactly but he is GER + PHIL heritage ... Put on a pretty impressive ride battling with the other rider here, John2x Flores ...

Rozen_Phil.jpg

Not sure who all these riders are but mostly some of the young-guns that haul the mail out there ...
    108_0379_result.JPG
    The guy on the end touching that kx is Jonathan ... He's a racer friend I know here ... He's on the CR22 bike and does that inside move on that flat corner to pass me first... This guy always beats me ...

What else do ya really need and all reasonably priced ..
    108_0383_result.JPG

Plenty of shade all around the track ... Another really cool aspect of the location.
    108_0471_result.JPG
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Led the first lap so what happened after that? They pick up the pace or did you lose steam? (not picking on you, thats more laps then I've ever led lol)
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Those guys wanted it more than I did plus they know how to win a race like that one. It's been about a yr since I was on a track and was a little rusty in my riding and doing the little things that a rider should be doing to turn a quicker lap than than others ... Another force at play here is we're all PROs by USA standards and having a white envelope handed to you is always a good thing. (You can keep the dust collector (trophy)). I'll say the last yr of riding trails helped greatly on the track but I got a ways to go to get on the podium with all these guys.

-

If you watched the AMA guys this weekend in dallas, they had a spot or 2 on their track just like I was dealing with here. (rolling singles) They even took the time to explain how to roll a single jump correctly ... And guess what, the riders here are pretty much doing them correctly as explained. So, I either need to get my technique better for rolling jumps or do some doubles or a mixture of both ... This is nothing more than having the correct strategy for getting on the podium. I'm not so old I have forgotten this but applying it during a race is not for everyone.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's some of the practice time on the morning of the race ... You can see that when my friends were doubling by me that it is close but possible to go 2 wide ... Word is they are gonna widen the jumps and receivers and make some tabletops out there so more can attempt the jumps and make the track safer overall ..

View: http://youtu.be/zlA-c7pzzWo
    LandofMotards likes this.