'01 TE 570

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by mkvisser, Mar 8, 2016.

1. mkvisser Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Hi guys. New member here.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me at all with my 01 husky TE 570?
    Just a little story of what happened.

I bought one a while ago, took it for its maiden ride and about 30mins in I was climbing a hill, nothing major just a paddock hill. When I got to the top I saw smoke coming from the motor somewhere. I switched it off and rolled back down.
    Upon inspection I saw oil everywhere, over the motor and up under the tank. I can't see any holes anywhere. I let it sit for about 10 mins then thought I'd start again quickly see if I could see where oil was coming from. I ran it for about 10 seconds before the exhaust broke right off at the manifold. Switched it off and that's where it sits.
    I know it's hard to diagnose from here and I haven't pulled it down yet. ( no spare time atm)
    My question is if anyone knows if these bike are subject to that sort of thing? Or any ideas on what could have caused it? Any thoughts would help.

One other question people may know.
    It's near on impossible to find some parts for this bike as it was pretty rare. Exhaust and rims for example, what other models would fit? 2000-2004 610's and 400's?

Cheers
    Mick
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hi Mick, You need to find the source of the oil leak. There is a vent hose on a valve cover on top of the motor that is supposed to run into a collection bottle and then vent into the frame. I would look to see if this is intact or it has come apart or is missing a piece. If it not the oil overflow system I would look at the valve covers next, I have seen the front gasket fail and leak pretty good. I happen to have an exhaust system for one of those in my shop. Good luck.
  3. mkvisser Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Hey.

Thanks for the reply. As I wrote before I haven't had the time to really inspect it yet.
    But here's hoping it's something simple like that vent hose or the catch tank. That would make my day haha.

You wouldn't happen to know what other bike models have rims that would fit do you? Te570 specific rims they want like $900 a set. Seems a bit over priced?
    The exhiast you have, new or second hand?

Cheers
    Mick
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hi Mick, for front wheels look for any model year 2000 models or 2001 enduro models only. The rear wheel look for 2001 or 2002 all models or the newer 2 stroke wheels are the same. The exhaust I have is good condition used.
  5. mkvisser Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570