1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 08 cr 125 has about same power has 2010 yz 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have wondered how my 2008 cr125 would stack up against a yz 125. I just bought my boy 2010 yz 125 because we a have great local dealer that gives good deals for local racers and they do seem like great bikes. I was out riding with my son a 16 years old 5,2 foot and 125 pounds. I am 41 year old 6 foot 195 pound. In straight line drag race booth bikes are close yz might be little more snappier off bottom but cr has slight edge on top end might be factory gearing. Handling the yz is quicker but it not as stable as the cr and I like the way the cr corner better yz is to twichy for my old reactions . Biggest different are front forks are better on yz for big jumps and just overall but my ohlin rear shock is great. Cr is build for bigger heavier taller rider, great for heavy older guys. So overall boy loves his yz and I love my Cr but I would not trade him or he would not want to trade for my bike either. Both great bikes for different type riders.

Attached Files:

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. I have ridden both, the YZ is nice as well. I like the ergonomics and turning better on the husky. Buddy thrashed the crap out of a 08 YZ125 for years and it was very reliable.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats cool I was wondering how my 08 CR 125 would do against a YZ125. Did you and your son switch bikes during the drag race sessions?
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No we did not trade but will next time. Maybe I will get wife to film it for fun. I must say my bike looks alot better even my son will agree with that.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I had YZ as well. I agree with what you said about handling - I came off the YZ a few times but WR more planted.
    Husky is more for grown ups - Im also too old for a YZ 125
    I found the YZ had less jetting issues .
    (One thing I noticed was the short intake rubber on the YZ carby compared to the Husky Dont know if this makes a difference)
  6. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    i hate the way the YZ feels...