1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc RB Designs head modifications for CR/WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Mar 1, 2010.

1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I have heard great reports about the RB Designs head modifications (squish band) on various bikes. Some brands (like GasGas) have a large squish band when stock.

Has anyone check the stock squish band on the CR/WR125's? I'm interested in hearing what type of values you found.

Any ride reports with the head mods on the 125's?
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had mine done since RB is only 2 miles from my house. It was worth the $45.

There is not a huge gain as the Husky is not put together sloppy like a KTM or Gasgas. Rob told me the Husky was much closer in stock form then the other euro bikes. My squish was 1.2mm and he set it at 1mm which is ideal. The .3mm base gasket option would also get you the same squish.

There were two advantages to the mod. One the bike is a little easier to jet with a proper squish band. Also there was a boost in midrange power but it was not a huge gain.
  3. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    What is a squish band and what do they do to make it batter?
  4. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    CrankN
    They adjust the clearance, angle, width, chamber shape, volume...
    Search on terms like "squish, msv, boundary layer, Alexander Graham Bell"

Some google results:
    Squish by Dale Alexander
    3cyl.com
  5. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    CrankN,
    Here is a link to RB Designs wesite that discusses the squish band measurement:
    http://www.rb-designs.com/squish-band-test.htm

NWRider,
    Thanks for information. That is good to know that Husky's are already close in stock form.
  6. Errk Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 wr250
    just got the RB head mod for my 2004 WR250 my squish was about1.55 and he bought it down to 1.1. After rejetting slightly leaner across the board (ran a little rich with the modded head) the bike rides so crisp and the bottom end tourque was increased quite a bit and some mid range and a small amount of top end increase as well. this combined with the lowerd power valve and 1.3 mm power valve spring preload shim and lectron carb I finally got the super linear power I was looking for! the power band is so smooth it feels as linear as a well tuned 250f but wih more power everywhere you literally can't feel the power band kick in it is so smooth. I did this as a winter project because I came off 4 strokes and couldn't stand the on off power of the power band of the 2 stroke. now it feels like no other 2 stroke I have ever ridden and was totally worth it and there is no $1200 top end to replace every 120 hours!
    JasonMF likes this.