JD Jetting WR Kehin Carbs Now Available

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by motosportz mike, Feb 17, 2010.

1. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

We have just added the JD Jetting Kehin carbs to our inventory. We have ones for the WR 250 & WR 300 and are working with JD on a 125 version. Price is 239.95 and free shipping for the US until the end of March. Motosportz Mike.
  2. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just purchased one for my 1981 430 CR.

J.D, is the man!
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

How big is the difference compared to the Mikuni? I think i got my Mikuni quite good, but if it´s a big increase i´ll think about it. What´s the price with delivery to Sweden? Is there any dynocharts or something where you can see how then difference is?

Regards Johnny
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I was out in may garage looking for one of these carburetor things.

Husky 610 ... Nope
    BMW 800... Nope
    F150 .. Nope
    Accord Coupe ... Nope
    51 Oldsmobile ... Ah ha, right there with the 6 volt electrics.
    Toro lawn mower .. score #2

Quit buying carburetors and get down to your dealer and pick up a new Husky IE !!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Those old school carb things are added to our site now for on line purchase. Testing showed real gains across the board and tuning is much EZer. Good stuff. Comes with JD needles. We tried lots of different needles and liked the JD's best.

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm

Thanks.
  6. ChrisA Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the quick reply to my email. I still don't see it on the site. I would like to order one.

Chris A.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    hit refresh (F5), it's there about 3/4 the way down the page. :thumbsup:

Thanks.
  8. ChrisA Husqvarna
    B Class

Order sent. This is for my '08 WR250.

Thanks,
    Chris A
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got it, thanks man. Will go out today. :thumbsup:
  10. ChrisA Husqvarna
    B Class

Carb bolted right up. Great service.

Thanks,
    Chris A
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thank you.

K
  12. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

09 WR125 set-up

I emailed you a few days ago at your motorsportz address and haven't heard back. I'd like to get my bike sorted out soon and buy whatever goodies/upgrades needed to make it rock. What do you have in stock that you recommend for it?

Thanks, Phil
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What Email or name did you Email us under I just looked and don't see it.

here is what we have for the bike 125

- Damper kit (just got it done and ir does wonders for the bike
    - rad guards
    - disk guards
    - PWK carb
    - Axle nut
    - Air filter
    - chain and sprockets

I can;t really tell you what you need. Rad guards seem a must to me. Thew Axle nut makes things EZ. Gearing it down to a 52 rear does nice things for tight stuff. While the bike is not really unstable and damper makes it so smooth and predictable. Just makes everything so much more relaxed and controlled. The PWK carb is also not mandatory but sure makes it run better and way EZer to jet right.

Depending on your weight and where you ride suspension makes a huge difference too.

thanks.
  14. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

09 WR125 set-up OOOPS

I spelled your address wrong and it took a few days for yahoo to tell me it did not make it. I re-sent it but in case it does not make it here is my info:

I'm 170lbs with gear and I ride @ 1000ft elevation (I'm only 5'7" so this bike is a little tall)

I bought the 2009 WR125 with 260 easy miles, stock except for a FMF spark arrestor silencer. I'm told it has had the "power up kit" -what is that exactly? I tweaked the jetting but is still has a flat spot before it rips on top.

I'm a mechanic but have never owned a husky so any tips on suspension set-up, etc would be really appreciated. I'm the type of guy that would rather spend a little $$$ up front than spend a whole bunch of time trying to save a few bucks. I'll be placing an order soon so if the website is working I will use it. I think I'm gonna get the PWK so hopefully that will help the flat spot and if not maybe power-valve adjustment? I do like the way those PWK's "carburate" anyhow-ha!
    Thanks, Phil
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see you have 36mm and 38mm ones available. Did you happen to test both on your 125 and if so what works best?
  16. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

2009 WR125 Kehin carb cable too slack

Seems to be running good but I will be trail riding this week with the new carb and we'll see then... Are there any fixes for taking up the abundance of slack on the throttle cable?
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    The throttle cable on my `09 WR125 was too long as well and I cannot handle all that slop. Luckily, the throttle on the Husky is a Domino just like the GasGas so I had a brand new Motion Pro throttle cable with me that worked a lot better. It's almost too short, as there is not a whole lot of adjustment left, but I'd rather have that than the way it was with the stocker.

WoodsChick
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Interesting..... My stock cable, when adjusted for the TMX was tight for the PWK. I had to adjust it at the throttle end to get it to shut the slide all the way. I did use the curved tube from the TMX in the top instead of the straight one that the PWK had. The overall length seems fine.
  19. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I had the exact opposite problem, in that the stock cable wouldn't open the slide all the way :excuseme: The GG cable I put on there had a curved end to it, unlike the stocker:)

WoodsChick
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think if you re-use the tmx curved cable end on the carb the fit is good. With the stock short, straight cable end from the pwk the cable is too long. That was my experience just like Norman's.

Walt