Ty Davis and Shan Watts go at it Rd 2 National

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well all the talk of Shane Watts showing up at Round 2 of the AMA
    National Hare n Hound on a 150 KTM must have got back to the Husky
    Team Because with only 2 days to get a 125 Ty Davis shows up with a bone stock WR 125 to do battle This was the same bike that was used in the Dirt Rider test and after a little power value adjustment it runs great with no bog.So off to the start line goes the WR all stock even the little tank.Ty had 2 quarts of gas straped to his side and a spotter
    waiting at mile 30 with more .Ty and Shane line up close to each other
    on the line with 400 plus other riders.I lined up close to them in hopes of seeing who would get the hole shot to the bomb.The little 125 got there first but what took place after that was a epic battle of the little smokers .I just wish i could have been up farther to see it .I was told it was a great battle for about 20 miles but thenTy had to stop and dump the fuel he had on his side Then some miles later the stock muffler broke off and because it was so loud he would have been dq anyway
    Ty called it a day.Shane went on to have a good ride and i was told he got 11th overall.Remember this is a National full of top pros on big bikes
    so to have a little screamer that close to the leaders is great
    NOW 125 fans lets keep the presure on and maybe Husky will bring over some Factory 144 or 150 CR Plus maybe we might just get Ty to ride one
    As for my race i was told 2nd in the mag 250 class and 4th in the open mag A National class and 79th over all out of over 400 who started
    This race was 3 loops each one getting harder for a total of 95 miles
  2. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    That is toooooo cool. Way to go Ty and Husky! :thumbsup::cheers:
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ya that would have been good to see from a Helicopter.

:cheers:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wow....That was the most exciting ~8 sentences I have read lately! :banana: and I hope he gets a good fix on that exhaust before the next race day ...
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

he should have called norm to borrow the big tank
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like i said we now the 125 fans need to keep the pressure up .The 125 is such a great
    bike and with a event like this it will only get better .There are a few new Husky 125 now racing in the desert .The bike just in front of me was a young kid on a Husky 125
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The problem with your statement is the word BORROW we need some one to make one .I was going to buy a new bike but now this lack of a big tank has me thinking Do i really want to race with gas straped
    to my body .
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I've got the funds waiting for a factory Husky CR 144. I'm ready, willing, and able! I'll be first in line.
  9. Dunlop Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Daytona 675R,MV AgustaF3 675
    Round 2 National H&H

Great weekend after all, I could not find the Husky monument on Saturday so I set out to find the Husky truck after leaving Randsburg. The whole team was very professional and inviting to fellow Husky riders.

Mr. Davis, Graffunder, and Burson all signed my owners manual and I had a great time hanging out and lending an extra hand if they needed help.
    Nick Burson is not in the photo because he had to leave to check on a friend at the Ridgecrest hospital. Good luck next weekend at the Adelanto race guys.

Attached Files:

10. Dunlop Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Daytona 675R,MV AgustaF3 675
    More or less

Yes Ty's 125 had the stock tank unfortunately. Ty had to stop and dump the fuel on his side because the gas literally was on his side since a rock or flying object busted the cap off so fuel was spilling all over him. Ty stopped and dumped the remaining gas in the tank but unfortunately nearly everything that could go wrong did with the muffler ultimately separating from where it connects after the expansion chamber.
    It was no problem hearing Ty pull into pit lane though!

I think the photo below is Shane on bike # P52

Attached Files:

11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Was out there Saturday poaching some of the course on my WR chasing my bud the former N1 125 plate on a 300 MXC...we were having a blast. Dirt was good, temps cool...epic desert conditions this year. My 125 gave up nothing to the bigger bikes. First time in the Dez with it and the suspension went from alpine settings to fast stuff with just a few clicks and it swallowed up everything from rocky seat-sucker drops to whoops and giant, giant g-outs with no issues at all. It hardly bottoms at all and when it does it is very soft and controlled.

Motor rips, suspension is incredible and with a top level rider on it this thing would be a true giant killer- right out of the box.

Damn, what a killer little bike.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So why did you not race .As a race captain for our National i see so many people out there on Sat before the race riding the course But ask them to race on Sun and they say i can not race this stuff.Heck you just rode it for free so why not help support the sport and come race it with us .I always say the view from last place is better then the view from the side lines Plus racing is safer then play riding with all the help out on the course we even have paramedics out there riding along with radios and a helicopter on stand by There are 3 loops each one getting harder so you could always just do the first loop
    And if you were to thinking about doing all 3 my little CR made it and so did the CR 125 which finished just in front of me
    After all this if you do not want to race but like to ride the course you might want to help a club mark the course You will get alot of riding and be helping out at the same time
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hear ya John... :cool:

Ribboned my share of courses, gave back to the sport as Senior first responder doing SAR on my bike (see pic of old I.D. plate below) and as a MC coach for at-risk inner city youth's for well over a decade.
    Been there.

Good point: if ya can't race, contribute.

Keep up the good work, Captain. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Glad you see my point You have paided your dues and then some You are welcome to pre ride any of my courses in advance
    BUT there are so many people out there who do not understand what it takes to put on these or any other off road race
    They could help work one and get so much ridding in plus be helping make the sport better .
    You are welcome to stop at tha 100s camp anythime John
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks man... appreciate the invite. :thumbsup:

Seen a couple guys training poof a turn and mow a sign and ribbon...we stopped, I hop-off as bud holds my bike idling ding-ding-ding-ding, tie and prop it back up and ride on braaaaaap!....every little bit helps. Esp on a double-down g-out or something sketchy. :cool:

Edit- might take ya up on some ribboning. It's fun and ya get first crack at the course w/ no one on it! Weeeee braaaap!
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You know we got off topic but you crack me up A true 2 stroke fan has returned the 125 does that to you .To tell you the truth when i go hiking with the wife i make 2 stroke noises some time as we round the corners .It just grows on you so let keep praying Husky brings in some new bikes 144/150