1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Stealth Racing Idle Screw

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Jan 30, 2010.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Has anyone installed this on their wr300? I have an 09 that I wanted to put this on but I am definitely having fitment issues.

I had to modify (cut off a portion) of the brass fuel inlet on the carb to get the head of the screw to fit, as per the included instructions but when I try to screw the Stealth screw in it just feels like its cross threading:banghead:

Pulled stock idle screw out and ran the set nut up the threads of the stealth screw and it was fine tried again to thread the Stealth screw and no luck.

I definitely don't want to booger up the threads on the carb so I am running the stock idle screw right now. Anyone else using one of these? Or have issues like this? Or does this screw not even go with this carb? The vendor I purchased this from said it did but now I am wondering.

I know pictures would be helpful. I will try to post some tonight.

Any info/ideas would be great-thanks.
  2. Huskys4Life Husqvarna
    B Class

I bought one for my 01 wr 250 from stealth racing. It would not fit in the air passage in the carb.It would bottom out before the threads were close enough to start. I contacted stealth and they claimed that they had a batch that the tip of the air screw was oversized. The said the fix was to sand the tip down to fit. Tried it and still could not get to fit. I finally gave up and tossed it under the work bench. Contact stealth they may have a "fix" for you too
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I will contact them on Monday. At this point, based on your response and based on my experience with this screw I feel like I have wasted my money on this.

Oh well not the first time. :doh:
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I just installed the Stealth Racing Tech idle screw on my 2008 CR125. My Stealth screw fit just fine with no modifications :excuseme: The cutting of the brass fuel inlet as suggested in the instructions applies to bikes with a "curved" brass fuel inlet. My bike has a straight fuel inlet with adequate clearance. I also installed a Zip-Ty air screw (blue screw). Now I got easy adjustment screws for both idle and air. :applause:

FYI... I installed both screws with the carb off of the bike. This allowed me to run both screws in/out of the carb several times to "break-in" the threads. A little bit of oil on the threads made it easy to cut in the fresh threads. Then, I installed the coil springs (for preload) and made my final adjustments. Both screws turn very nicely now and work excellent.

[IMG]
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I had them on my '02 WR125 and '00 WR250 with no fitment issues. I had to do fuel inlet mod on the new style TMX on my '09 WR125.
  6. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Matt R - Do you know where you purchased those 'Stealth' carb screw adjusters?
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I had the SAME problem with my 300. I checked the thread pitch with a gauge, and the overall diameter of the original screw to the Stealth screw. I couldn't find any difference in the measurements. So....I forced the new screw in with some difficulty, and worked it back and forth a couple of times. Then it seemed to be okay. Not sure why there was a problem. I ordered one later for my 125 with the exact same carb, and that one screwed in easily.:excuseme:
    [IMG]
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I think that I bought it from Hall's Cycles.
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I bought mine on ebay. Works great!
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I got both of mine from the same vendor on E Bay, too.
  11. nir Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300 2010
    Hey, how did you install the screw? The fuel inlet is in the way and i can't even put the screw in place because of it. Thanks
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    take the fuel inlet off to install the screw..:busted:
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I just filed away a tiny bit of the inlet barb till the screw would clear, maybe an eighth of an inch off the obstructing edge.