1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 WR125 ride, pix and vids

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 125 has felt like the redheaded stepchild since the 2010 TXC250 horned it's way into the garage. The other day I rode with a buddy with a 09 WR125 and we swapped for a second and i forgot how much freaking fun that bike is. So the last two rides the 125 got the nod to go. With the Doma pipe, House of Horsepower suspension and super light power the 125 continues to impress me. The fun factor is super high and the bike just works. So fun. Buddy with a sweet and well setup GG 300 rode it and even at near 300 pounds ready to rock he LOVED it. Said if it was a 200 he would be selling his GG for one. Was amazed how it lugged and he even freaking passed me on a hill climb when i got his 300 sideways and off the trail. I was thinking he was hating the 125 on that hill and then motored by me with a big smile on his face. Cool.

It was snowy and frozen puddles in some corners so it was interesting but very fun. The 125 is a great bike for nasty stuff.

This vid gets good about half way through and the hill at the end is not super steep but with snow, rocks and open the 125 shows it does real well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S480dW60FfM

Short vid on a clear section...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK2n52UQa1c

Pix...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice! These videos are killing me! I wish my feet would heal faster.

How does the Gasgas handle compared to a Husky? Or maybe compared to the WR300 would be more fair question as a 125 always feels so nimble.

Your camera deals with the light reflecting off the snow very well. It is hard to shoot video on snow. It sounds like those tires hook up real well in the snow.

Got the rotor yesterday and it looks trick. Thanks.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The GG is a real nice bike. They are compact / small and I like larger layouts like the husky. The suspension was done by LTR and even though it is sprung for 70 pounds more then me works great. Nice motor. I like the motor the best of all the 300's I think. Smoother and not to much power. The WR300 has more hit and HP. The KTM I really don't care for much motor just seems to get in my way, i prefer the 250 KTM over the 300. The GG300 is a good bike and this one has had a good amount of work down to it and works very well. Ken (GG owner) had a 07 WR250 before it and Says if the WR had been lower he might not have sold it for the GG. The GG fits his shorter legs better. That said he loved my 125 and really liked the ergonomics and seat.

Yep, the Gopro does well in the sun.

Glad you got / like the rotor. :thumbsup:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Nice vids as usual Kelly. :cheers:

Walt
  5. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

good power range, very progressive, any improve?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep, it sounds great. Just the slightest flat spot below the pv open, but that is kind of splitting hairs. I have tried to find the Doma pipe and it would be easier to find the Hope diamond. :lol:

Walt
  7. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Man that GAS GAS looks SWEET! Thinking about getting a GAS GAS 200 because I'm tired of waiting on Husky to make one.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was really disappointed with the power of the GG200 I rode a while back. Would rather have the WR125.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice videos thanks for sharing. A new WR200 in a 2010 TC 250 body would be nice.
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great video. One thing I noticed from the engine noise is that you weren't living on the top end. I heard the bike rip every so often, but it seemed like you spent most of your time in the mid to upper mid portion of the powerband. To me, that's impressive.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The bike can be ridden off the powerband all day long. Has very good low end power for a 125. Like i said even 300 pound Kan on a large hill was motoring right up and at the top stopped to tell me how amazing the lugging power is. Can lug through deep snow, deep mud, up hills. When you want / need to boogie fan the clutch and take off all hair on fire. It's a great bike.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    mmmmm*flick*RREEEEEEEEEP! is a good thing.

What barkie-buster's are ya usin', Kel?
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I know this is all about us (Husky riders) buuut that G-G is a beauty very nice machines, its the Euro renaissance of motos!!!

I agree with the Kato comment the 250 kato is best, but a well setup 300 can be very smooth on the power.
  14. jaked308 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, 2012 TC250, 2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLX250sf, 2005 TTR125LE (wifes)
    Great videos and pics!! The riding around there looks awesome. Seeing those videos makes me want to run to my local dealer and buy a WR125!
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Don't want, DO! :) You won't be sorry.

Walt
  16. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

Kelly,can you give me the part numbers for everything I need to put that Trailtech computer on my 09 txc250 please.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Should be the standard kit. Screw in pickup and the vector. Whats missing?
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey Kelly looks like you had some fun there.
    Great time a year to be out and about.:thumbsup:
    Did you see any other riders around?
  19. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

So if I buy the Vector and the protector thats all I need?