LED Conversion, NON-DOT

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by PALMER84ONE, Dec 31, 2009.

1. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    So, I don't ride my TE on the road much now that I have the SM, but what I do like is a night ride now and then. The stock light leaves you, well, in the dark. So off I went and picked up the Up-tite LED replacement and man, what a difference that made. Only draw back is it needed a couple of little brothers (or sisters if it matters) to help on the outside edge and depth. So I picked up a couple of Euro Solstice Visions-X, the S1100 and some flush mount LED sicass turn signals to mount on the head light fairing.

First up, the Up-tight head light in the fairing. I have been running this for a while. Very nice even alone. [IMG]
    Parts to be used, bar switch for the S1100, flush mont signals.
    [IMG]
    (2) S1100X
    [IMG]
    First I installed the turn signals on the outer most part of the head light fairing. Drill a couple holes, on for the wire and one for the mounting screw.
    [IMG]
    Back side.
    [IMG]
    Presto! One down.
    [IMG]
    None to go.
    [IMG]
    You need to modify the connectors to the bullet type provided. (they are plug and play ready if you have a KTM.)
    [IMG]
    Next up is remove the old signals and install the LED Euro lights.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Because I am running these off a switch and not as a hi/lo beam and together, I solder the two into one and use shrink tape.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Add switch to the bars next to the hi/lo/horn/signal cluster.
    [IMG]
    I'll spare you of the wiring, but you get the picture. I used the hot and ground wires for the little parking light from the original head light so I have power to these with just the key on if needed.
    Finished look on front.
    [IMG]
    Lights on 11:30am.
    [IMG]
    Night "all on", and still need a little adjusting out in the real world. (Oh, you may recognize this shot.) :D
    [IMG]
    Just the center, Up-tite in the fairing.
    [IMG]
    And just the outer S1100 Euros.
    [IMG]
    See me coming?
    [IMG]
    Hear I am.
    [IMG]
    :banana::banana::banana:
    Project completed, about an hour or two. Its hard to find stuff when my kids borrow it and don't return it. :doh:
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I've had mine on my 510 for a good part of the summer.:thumbsup:
    I was a little hesitant riding on the street thinking everyone would be blinded by the intensity of the LED. Not the case at all.

No one has every flicked their brights at me. But all that I talk to say it is very bright and have no troubles seeing me coming.:D

I love it. Just wish it had a high/low to make it DOT legal.

:cheers:
  3. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is nice Mr. Palmer
    Is it me or dose it looks like you don’t really need anything but those two S1100, granted they’re not DOT?
    The blinkers look sharp :cool:
    I bet you by the time you’ll adjust the lights you’ll have a nice UFO to ride on at night
    Husqvarna sticker will be replaced?

:thumbsup:
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    I could set them up as a hi/lo off the one switch but then its one or the others. I like the spred and distance of the little S1100. I have the S1101 set up the same way on my 610SM with the stock headlight. They work great also. 1101 is a spot beam, 1100 is the Euro, and they have a flood also I think is the 1102.
    Yah, the stickers have been slowly getting worse and I have a black plastic kit with red/white graphics to replace soon. The signal covered that one a little in the corner. My front fender is showing cracks and as soon as it gives up completely, I'll replace it all.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good job, looks great, love the indicator application. I don't know why the factory cant do descent lighting though.
  6. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    What brand is that 900 lumens light and how much did it cost? I've seen one similar from Magic Shine for bicycles.
  7. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. dirthead1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What all is used of the OEM lighting bracket with the Uptite LED replacement?
  9. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

that looks great, I'd be a bit concerned about the outboard lights holding up during a crash. another option to suplement the up tite for night rides under 3 hours would be a helmet set up that mtb'er use. The helmet set up lights up where you look not where the bike is pointed. Also comes in handy if you need to do a little trail side repair. Night riding on my mtb use to be a gas. Bet it isn't any different on a dirt bike, especially in the winter. Everyone looks at me like I am from Mars when I suggest night riding ...
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  11. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have hit the ground hard many times! The original TS brackets broke after the third ride because of the flimsy metal verses the single lights weight. I have replaced them with Aluminum L stock and put them in the same place, one year and zero breakage. I also have the helmet light set up as well from my MTB days. The only thing I think can be better is the Up-tite light bounce being in the original head light fairing. The rubber straps just don't hold it ridged, although it is an "excellent" set up. I am thinking of adding a plastic type of strap just on the top mounts for rigidity, Zip ties work for now.