1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc How often do you repack your WR125 muffler.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jsleeper, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike is really loud when ridden at any other than idle! It has 28 hours on a FMF TC2. Probably should have been repacked at 10-15 hours right?...especially with all the spooge soaking the packing.

Thanks,
    JS
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep the more spooge the faster you lose the sound dampening. I do mine about every 25 hours, but mine isn't probably spooging like yours.

Walt
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

'08 CR 125 with FMF TC2 like yours. Mine was also really loud after about 30 hours. I just repacked and noticed a significant improvment, although it's still a lot louder than my buddy's KTM 200 with, I think, the same silencer.

I think these bikes are loud partly because of a thin expansion chamber and very open airbox. Plus, we tend to rev the snot out of them, so they're making a bunch more noise.

Oh, and don't repack the TC2 the way I did, which was to remove the riveted spark arrestor assembly from the end of the silencer. It was a pain to remove and get back in, and the little bit of packing material that you can access on the spark arrestor part of the silencer is probably not deteriorated like all the packing that is easily removed. FMF doesn't recommend removing this part from the silencer during a repack. Neither do I!
  4. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. I am going to tackle the re-pack this week. Sometimes I come off that little bike with my ears ringing. Need some ear plugs. I can always hear my wife coming down the trail. Not many 125s out there nowadays.

JS
  5. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

yeap you should because repacking the exhaust improves throttle response and also reduce the chance for your endcan to crack.