1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky Factory 144 kit coming

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Husky Special Parts Catalog has a new 144 kit listed on page 8. The part number (8000H2995) is now valid in the USA parts system. Part is listed as back ordered and will be availible in about 3 months. It can be ordered by your dealer now. I ordered mine yesterday from Bottones!

I know many people are going with Eric Gorr 144 kits with great results, but now there is a Factory option. I hope Husky will follow the example of the WR300 and add a WR144 to the line up!
    :cheers:
  2. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll be looking into this mod for sure!
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    A factory 144... Oh Jeez, another new husky I'll have to buy! :rolleyes: At least that'll get Cody off the pumpkin! :thumbsup::applause:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great news Norman. My 144 is awsome and it makes sense as a natural progression in the expansion of the Husky line. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Let's also see Husky offer a more affordable tank like yours. :applause:

I can't wait to hear your reactions to the new kit. :cheers: Make sure you take lots of pics comparing new parts to old.

Walt
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

$855 US retail.

The EG kit rips. I am curious to see how this Athena kit performs.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

ScottyR,

So Husky sourced the kit from Athena just like they did with the 4st big bore kits. Does this mean that they will start to source more of their 2 st top ends from them? Anyway that is a great price and makes it much more viable considering you get to keep your stock top end.

Walt
  7. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is this just an Athena kit? If so I would go with Eric Gorr.

If you search for 144 on the thumpertalk Yamaha 2t forum you will find nothing but problems with the Athena kit and much better reviews of the Eric Gorr one. I have never heard of a Athena Husky kit though so maybe it is better. That is a good price though.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    With the Athene you get an all new top end (and keep your original one as well). With the EG kit he mods what you have. Just food for thought.
  9. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Barring any potential problems with the Husky kit, I'd tend to go that route just because of the ability to keep your OEM top end in tact,...just in case.
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is a good price for sure. I assume the kit is a cylinder, head, power valves, gaskets, piston, and ring? Maybe a complete 144 bike will come from the factory soon, much as the 4t 310 did.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If Husqvarna follows recent trends when offering big bore kits, I would think we are looking at a WR 144 in the line up for 2011.

Just hoping,
    Walt
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Even if Athena is manufacturing the big bore kit they will do it with a license from Husky(it is being offered as an OEM kit) and it will have to meet Husky specs and design in all parts.

I wouldn't be afraid of it at all and expect it to perform as well as the EG kit.

Being able to keep your stock parts for only $400 more makes a lot of sense. :cheers:

Walt
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't believe this is an Athena kit, as the WR300 isn't. I think it will be sourced from the vendors who presently supply Husky 2 stroke top end parts. As Walt said... really not a bad deal.:cheers:
  14. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Richard Kenton told me it is an Athena kit. I have not seen one with my own 2 eyes to confirm.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It will be a few months before it's availble, so we'll see. Best wishes for your new deal with Husky Canada. I'm guessing you won't have to ask Richard about parts soon.
    Merry Christmas,
    Norman
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    144 kit cylinder and head are done by Gilardoni (Usual Husky 2 stroke vendor), not Athena. This is the word from the Factory.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the update Norman. I still think I am going with the EG144 so I can have him taylor the power delivery for low/mid. Hey at least we have options.
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Norm. I was just going off what Richard told me.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    From the source....

"you'll love that kit (Husky Factory 144 kit). it has a lot of torque at low-mid rpm."

More options for you!
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hmmm... lets get together and see if a dealer wants to do a group buy deal.